This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

New member from the pines of Carolina. i've been messing with electronics for most of my life, although my only formal training in the field was a couple of high school electronics classes back in the early '80s. My informal training goes back even further than that, helping my grandfather tinker with everything from old stereo components to outboard motors. These days I'm a college English professor by day but I promise not to critique anybody's grammar.

Comment

Hi from Czech Republic

Comment

Hi. I'm here to try and repair monitor.

Comment

hi all
          i joined a while back and just read whatever intrests me at the time. only in the last few weeks i thought i would have a go at fixing things ,rather than just thro stuff out. this is becoming a little hobby of mine, only rescent ive bought myself a fluke 113 multimeter.

so today ive come across a problem of which i would like some advice of what to do.its regarding a SAMSUNG LE40B551A6W with a main board thats got hand written a different model and also the pcb board number is different. ive compared this to one on ebay. now the tv turns on screen then goes black. i removed the board to find its got water damge on the back and this is when i found out about the not matching numbers. so do i just order the same board all reday fitted or go with what i think is possible the correct one. any infor appricated

Comment

Hello from CT, usa.

Comment

Hi,
              New member from Georgia, USA. I have a two year diploma in electronics from the local technical college, but have so much to learn. This looks like a great place. Looking forward to gaining knowledge form all the professionals here, as well as the beginners like myself.

Comment

Hello from Temple, Ga. I teach basic dc electrical at a local college and what to expand my knowledge & skill set so that I can "terrorize" future students with more in depth component repairs.

Comment

Hello every one. I want to post threads, but I can't because it asks activation.. but I don't know how to activate my account, or I haven't received any activation email. can any one help??

Comment

Hi,
                    New member from Finland trying to figure out how to fix a broken calculator

Comment

Hi. I my name is Krista and I am new to this forum. I found this forum looking to see how to fix my tv and I also saw it mentioned on someones youtube video so figured I would check it out.

Comment

Helo my name is rene cas

, I need help with what appears to be a power supply problem for my RCA Led TV RLDED4633A-D , no power going to the backlight .
                        Problem started by having to try 2 or 3 times for it to go on with the Blue screen coming on then all was fine until turned off. This went on for a year,
                        now i get no light no voltage going to the backlight.
                        need help with a cct diagram so i can trace the problem,

I am a retired iT programmer with 25 years in the old technology and cannot find the cct anywhere.

Comment

hello

Comment

Gerry fowler hi there everyone.Repaired old style tvs ages ago now taking smack at newer ones .quite versed in old so should catch on fast.

Comment

Morning. Thanks to the fine denizens of this forum, my 9-year-old Panasonlc 50PZ80B plasma TV is back to its old self

Comment

hi all i need the schematic diagram for dell 2007fpb

Comment

Hello..First post and dropping in to introduce myself..Hello everyone..!

Comment

Hello Everyone,
                                    My name is Bill. I'm a retired electronics technician. I'm interested in all things hardware. I would like to give new life to tossed electronics if I can. Maybe make a micro micro dent (pico dent?) in the landfill problem. I want to thank those who have attached service information and techniques for the flat screen displays we all enjoy today.

Bill

Comment

Hi All,

New Member here... Long time Techie, Been in the biz since late 80's. Studied the old 8086/8088 in College Electronics school. Still a Professional/Network/Security Tech, A+CE, Security +CE. Glad to be a member, we all need some help/assistance from time to time. looks like a great place for that.

Comment

Hi everyone,
                                        Came across this forum whilst Googling ideas on how to troubleshoot a completely dead Panasonic 85" plasma TV (a TH-85PF12E). The spur I needed was
                                        this incredibly useful thread by tom66. Having reverse-engineered the equivalent 'AC DET' circuit in the '85, despite not being able to properly id a few components, we were able to scope the circuit and establish only half of it was working. A bit more head-scratching pin-pointed a likely suspect - one of the unknown components, which we finally identified as an N MOSFET, and on kludging in something similar, the unit burst into life! (It had been damaged by a voltage-spike during a thunderstorm.) Very, very satisfying!

Tim

Comment

Hello every body

Comment

Working...
                                          X