Stuck buttons in Samsung SyncMaster 152T LCD monitor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stuck buttons in Samsung SyncMaster 152T LCD monitor

The buttons on my Samsung SyncMaster 152T are 'stuck' or whatever I should call it.. whatever button I press on, it repeats itself once after a moment, from a few seconds to a few minutes. Examples:
    I press the power button, it turns on, after a moment it turns off.
    I press the power button, it turns on, then I touch the Auto adjustment button, then it will auto adjust once every few seconds to a few minutes.

Does anyone here encountered this problem before and fixed it successfully? Is it a problem with the controller board or it will go away just by taking the monitor apart then building it again?

Re: Stuck buttons in Samsung SyncMaster 152T LCD monitor

Sounds like the board is using coal based contacts, you know the types found in TV remotes for example...

Does the button have that feel or is it a "click" feel?

If it is the former you can probably take it apart and wipe it off with a rag and it should be ok again
    "The one who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the one who is doing it."

Comment

it probably suffered a spill of something.
      i would take the switch board out and wash in alcohol.
      if that doesnt fix it you may need to replace the switches.

Comment

Originally posted by Per Hansson
        Sounds like the board is using coal based contacts, you know the types found in TV remotes for example...

Does the button have that feel or is it a "click" feel?

If it is the former you can probably take it apart and wipe it off with a rag and it should be ok again
        The buttons are click feel ones.

Comment

I had a problem like this with my Gateway VX900 monitor. I'm a heavy smoker, and I cleaned the screen with windex, and let it run down into the buttons. After that they all were sticking. I dampend a toothbrush with windex, and brushed in all the cracks around the buttons. Next I dampend the brush with plain water, and brushed the cracks around the buttons again. then I used a hair dryer on it. It fixed it right up. Give it a try but don't get things dripping wet, just lightly wet. Cheers! Its Friday!
          "It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so."
          Mark Twain

"I wish to have no connection with any ship that does not sail fast; for I intend to go in harm's way."
          John Paul Jones

There is a fifth dimension, beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the Twilight Zone.
          Rod Serling

Comment

Working...
          X