• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Packard Bell New70 does not charge the battery

Packard Bell New70 does not charge the battery
    Messageby juanyloli Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:12 am

Very good to all, I hope you are all well,
    I need a little help about a Packard Bell New70 La-5891p laptop motherboard

The question is that the laptop with the battery and the charger at the same time turns off in a few seconds, on the windows screen I get the typical image of the battery connected and without charging and soon after the laptop turns off

The client tells me that the battery charges and works well in another laptop with the same characteristics, so I rule out battery problems

The charger is universal 90W and up to 24V with 4A which I think is enough

Carrying out tests I have noticed that with the board alone, without peripherals connected and with the battery attached, the laptop does not stop

I am checking the Charger circuit (ISL6251AHAZ-T) and it has no power supply on pin 24 (ACIN), if it has enable on pin 3 but since there is no power supply, the mosfets that would charge the battery will not switch
    I focus a little more on the PQ54 transistor and change the resistance pr355 that measuring it on the board gives me only 15k when it is 100k, also at one point of the resistance it gives me 20V and at the other nothing, second reason why the change
    I have not yet tried it with these changes but I would like to know that you think that I am a little lost

Attached images and schematic of the motherboard
    Attached Files
Working...
X