Asus Zephyrus GX501gl fan issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asus Zephyrus GX501gl fan issue

Was working fine until I had an issue with the GPU and CPU fans. They were very noisy, I bought new fans from Asus Europe. I installed them, they worked for about an hour, then nothing, the touchpad, and RGB also stopped working, any help would be very welcome.
    thanks

Re: Asus Zephyrus GX501gl fan issue

You have tell us a very few info...
    Have you ever before replaced the fans on a laptop?
    Did you remove battery connector first, before replacing?
    When fans stopped working...did touchpad stoped working in that moment or later?
    Besides backlight is keyboard and usb working?
    Can you read voltage on fans connector to motherboard?
    Last edited by myth77; 08-13-2020, 10:00 AM.

Comment

do you happen to replace the whole cpu heatsink with fan or just the fan? have you placed fresh thermal grease on the heatsink? if you remove the heatsink it is advisable to put fresh thermal grease.
      Never stop LEARNING because life never stops TEACHING!

Comment

Originally posted by Duranitron View Post
        do you happen to replace the whole cpu heatsink with fan or just the fan? have you placed fresh thermal grease on the heatsink? if you remove the heatsink it is advisable to put fresh thermal grease.
        thanks a lot, turns out when you remove the heatsink it requires you to replace the thermal paste, there's a sensor near the cpu socket that detects when you remove it, and disables the fans till you replace the paste, a bit odd but it worked, i never seen something like that, I always got away with that

Comment

Originally posted by myth77 View Post
          You have tell us a very few info...
          Have you ever before replaced the fans on a laptop?
          Did you remove battery connector first, before replacing?
          When fans stopped working...did touchpad stoped working in that moment or later?
          Besides backlight is keyboard and usb working?
          Can you read voltage on fans connector to motherboard?
          thanks a lot for your input, turns out when you remove the heatsink it requires you to replace the thermal paste, there's a sensor near the cpu socket that detects when you remove it, and disables the fans till you replace the paste, a bit odd but it worked, i never seen something like that, I always got away with that, and the led is working now, the actually ribbon cable was shorted because the pins were crossing

Comment

how that laptop detects if u replace thermal paste?

Comment

Working...
            X