Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HP BIOS unlock tool

I would buy a better programmer first
    But on that model, I think you need to program both chips. Just in case don't use the tool, just upload bin files and somebody will unlock manually.

Comment

Originally posted by peste View Post
      try..
      Is it possible that the file is corrupt. I couldn't write the file to Chip. I have tried 3 times and on 2 different BIOS Chips. With the file i uploaded i can write successfully.

I am using flashrom to write

Do you have another bin file or could you please check the file?

Thanks for your help. I appreciate it.

Comment

Originally posted by RethoricalCheese View Post
        I would buy a better programmer first
        But on that model, I think you need to program both chips. Just in case don't use the tool, just upload bin files and somebody will unlock manually.
        first thanks for reply! what do you mean with program both Chips? Do you think it doesnt work with the ch341a programmer? Sorry im beginner with this kind of technic and which programmer I should buy? My plan was not to desolder the Chip because I didnt have do that before!
        Last edited by Mozezz; 08-12-2020, 12:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by onelook View Post
          Is it possible that the file is corrupt. I couldn't write the file to Chip. I have tried 3 times and on 2 different BIOS Chips. With the file i uploaded i can write successfully.

I am using flashrom to write

Do you have another bin file or could you please check the file?

Thanks for your help. I appreciate it.
          the bios is ok, there is no problem there, remove the bios chip from the motherboard before writing the chip, if you use the clip you may have errors ... if you have nothing to remove it, fix the clip on the chip.
          Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

the bios is ok, there is no problem there, remove the bios chip from the motherboard before writing the chip, if you use the clip you may have errors ... if you have nothing to remove it, fix the clip on the chip.
            Hi,

so i could have written to the chip and have verified the writting process (dump again and compare the hash).
            But still haven't luck. Laptop start with no output and the fan runs after 5 seconds full speed.

Do you have any ideal?

Thanks

Comment

hi,

so i could have written to the chip and have verified the writting process (dump again and compare the hash).
              But still haven't luck. Laptop start with no output and the fan runs after 5 seconds full speed.

Do you have any ideal?

Thanks
              try..
              Attached Files
              Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

Comment

try..
                hmm still the same problem.

Power LED lights on and fan runs after 10 -15 seconds full speed...

Comment

hmm still the same problem.

Power LED lights on and fan runs after 10 -15 seconds full speed...
                  Maybe something wrong with the 2nd BIOS? Even if i flash back the original dump, it has the same problem (Power LED lights on and fan runs after 10s full speed)

Comment

the bios youve copied dosent look good read my previous post about copying at least 3 times and verifying original then making sure you have a good erase dont trust what program says check the chip is blank else anything you copy wont work ive done a G5 and had no problems

Comment

Originally posted by ste222 View Post
                      the bios youve copied dosent look good read my previous post about copying at least 3 times and verifying original then making sure you have a good erase dont trust what program says check the chip is blank else anything you copy wont work ive done a G5 and had no problems
                      yes of cource i did. I always read again 2 times and check the Hash for sure. What i am wondering is, that the version, which i have dumped before i updated the BIOS doesn't work too. And i am 100% sure that this dump is good. Here is the dump you can check.

So what makes me concern is there is something new with the latest BIOS Version of HP, which prevents the boot. hmm i dont know
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by onelook; 08-14-2020, 12:36 PM.

Comment

Hi onelook did a compare of your bios to the one i had and there are many differances mine was a 830 g5 dont remember the bios version but mine worked ok heres a copy of my working unlocked bios file
                        Attached Files

Comment

Hi,

The HPunlocker v1.rar was unable to be used on my computer. The rar file don't seemed to be a compress one. Unable to open it.

Comment

Originally posted by sympa78 View Post
                            Hi,

The HPunlocker v1.rar was unable to be used on my computer. The rar file don't seemed to be a compress one. Unable to open it.
                            update winrar or use 7zip

Comment

Hi all

can someone please help me get this HP Unlocker tool?
                              link from the beginning of this thread is not working, for me at least

i have HPBR by mazzif from before anyway ... but the only files inside are USB image tool and HPBR-Win32(with HP Bios Unlock.exe inside)

if i drag a bin file on HP Bios Unlock.exe im not getting an unlocked bin file ...
                              this HP Bios Unlock.exe is same with HP-Unlocker that you are talking about in this forum? thanks

Comment

))
                                sorry, my bad ...

was 2 o'clock in the morning when i was trying all of this ... i noticed now that HpUnlocker tool is made by RethoricalCheese

got it, thanks for this tool RethoricalCheese

Comment

worked for me

Hp 840 G2

bios chip winbond 25q128fvsq

battery, bios battery and power supply disconnected

Programmer: CH314 miniprogrammer black
                                  ASprogrammer 1.4.1 version

read bios, verify, use unlocker tool, erase bios chip, write unlocked version

connect power supply, after 3 restarts it worked

Thanks again to Rethorical Cheese and to this forum

Comment

any update for G6 (there password is in 16MB chip).

Comment

My hp 820 g3 have 2 passwords. Administrator and power on password by using your tool i removed administrator password but power on password still exists what should i do! Please help..

Comment

Upload your dump.

Comment

Not able to open the unlocker. Keep getting an error.
                                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                          X