Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dell Inspiron 5110 No display on led but getting external display

Hi friends
    I have problem with dell inspiron 5110 model.
    Am getting external display and no display on led.
    Laptop screen is working fine check with another laptop

problem with motherboard could you please suggest any troubleshooting

Re: Dell Inspiron 5110 No display on led but getting external display

Check LVDS connector for LCD_EN, BLON, LCD_VCC

Comment

Friend thanks reply I have checked cable it's working fine

Comment

Originally posted by sureshbobby View Post
        Friend thanks reply I have checked cable it's working fine
        I told you to check the connector on the m/board for its voltages.

Comment

There are two versions of this laptop
          On INTEL and AMD platform, Motherboards on INTEL come with NVIDIA and ATI graphics card and without discrete video - UMA
          What is your motherboard ?

LVDS connector is the same in all versions, measure the voltage as you advised raajkumar

Originally posted by raajkumar View Post
          I told you to check the connector on the m/board for its voltages.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by elektro-nik; 08-15-2017, 04:16 PM.

Comment

Thank you
            Mine is Intel without discrete graphics

and the voltages present is
            Attached Files

Comment

Since you have only Intel discrete graphics and the LED cable is okay , then another probable cause to your trouble is , Some Laptops are equipped with Led HD screens , or many other specifications like True brightness , 3d vision , etc..proprieties specific to those some laptops . Some types of regular screens simply won't operate .

I suggest you recheck your Laptop by Serial number , tag or model number for a fully compatible screen , or seek the original screen from Dell .

Another probable cause is , you shorted a component while changing the screen , as you didn't remove the power or the battery . In that case , you need to check visually for any damaged or burnt small transistors or resistors around the inlet cable onboard .

Comment

Hi friend
                This is the original display which is working with the other laptop as well. The same screen worked flawlessly before. but all of sudden it happened.
                So there might me a problem in the motherboard. Am here to troubleshoot with our techies help.

Much appreciated if am solved this problem.

Thank you

Comment

Thank you
                  Mine is Intel without discrete graphics

and the voltages present is
                  What about LCDVDD is Pin 28,29,30. LCDVDD should be 3.3V. If not available the screen will not show anything.

Comment

No voltage at pin 28.29.30

Comment

So i think there was a chip with 5 pins near to LVDS connector on motherboard. It is looking 2 pins one side 3 pins other side. You can put a jumper between pin no. 3 to pin no 4. then you can switch on and check it. you can see pinout of that chip on my attached picture.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Friend Thank you Man.
                        Done it. i got display. I have old same board can i replace it or can i make jumpler

Comment

Friend Thank you Man.
                          Done it. i got display. I have old same board can i replace it or can i make jumpler
                          You can replace it.

Comment

For quick checking connect 27 pin and 28
                            Attached Files

Comment

I have dell 5110 with discrete which is converted into the uma. The issue is deam display. In LVDS cable 1, 2, 3 has 19v which is ok for blow for LED that I think. HALL 1 connector pin no 2 and 4 has also 3.2v. So help me for solution, Please.
                              Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by lazybigyan View Post
                                I have dell 5110 with discrete which is converted into the uma. The issue is deam display. In LVDS cable 1, 2, 3 has 19v which is ok for blow for LED that I think. HALL 1 connector pin no 2 and 4 has also 3.2v. So help me for solution, Please.
                                Thank you.
                                check for 3.3V - BK_ON signal and 3.3V BL_PWM signal

Comment

Working...
                                X