• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Acer TravelMate P273-m bios

Okay, but it's like gibberish..
    Attached Files

Comment

ok so you`ll have to desolder the bios,then solder it to an adapter and try another backup .If it doesn`t read ok the chip is bad.
      All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Ok, will do that tomorrow. Will update after i soldered the bios to the adapter and have a bios dump.

Comment

I've dumped a correct one now I think. I desoldered the chip and soldered to the adapter. I have compared the dump with the v2.03 I downloaded and they match 99%. There is a little difference but definitely there are parts different. Perhaps This dump is the 2.11 one, I can't see. But when I flashed the computer the first time the normale way from 2.03 to 2.11 it did go to 100% and give no fault that the flash had failed.

Curious what you think is going on? Bios Corrupt or what I wonder.

/edit/

I found this in the dump
          D:\code\BA70\BA70.211_2\Project\Pegatron\OBJS\PDB\SecCore.pdd
          So it is version 2.11..

So isn't it I just have to program 2.03 and it should work? But when I first updated from 2.03 to 2.11 when the laptop still work the flash screen said it also updated the EC bios. So what to do about that?
          Attached Files
          Last edited by fyzeler; 08-14-2020, 07:27 AM.

Comment

Question, the stock bios does not have any info like the serial number of the laptop and stuff like that.

Is it necessary to add these to the stock bios or will the laptop run without filling these things in?

I want to flash v2.03 back in but it is of course not a backup or a dump, it is a stock bios from Acer, will the laptop run like that and perhaps when the computer runs you can fix these afterwards ?

I have no clue how this works, but im doing my best.

I also do not understand why the 2.11 version does not work, the dump i made looks not really corrupted..

Anyone can explain something or help me in the right direction.. Thanks
            Last edited by fyzeler; 08-14-2020, 02:43 PM.

Comment

Anyone can fix the 2.03 bios that I earlier already posted with the 2.11 dump I made. Copy over the serial / keys and so on. Im clueless how to do so.

Or any other fix..
              Last edited by fyzeler; 08-15-2020, 01:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by fyzeler View Post
                Anyone can fix the 2.03 bios that I earlier already posted with the 2.11 dump I made. Copy over the serial / keys and so on. Im clueless how to do so.

Or any other fix..
                try..bios extras site Acer

DMI 33B000-33B0FF
                Attached Files
                Last edited by peste; 08-15-2020, 02:20 AM.
                Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

Hi, thanks will try.. About the EC bios, I just leave it the way it is? The 2 mb ones I posted earlier is actually the EC bios (KBC?)

Originally posted by peste View Post
                  try..bios extras site Acer

DMI 33B000-33B0FF

I have to copy over at 33B000? The file you posted does not contain any of my laptop info.. Please clarify, thanks.
                  Last edited by fyzeler; 08-15-2020, 03:28 AM.

Comment

Hi, thanks will try.. About the EC bios, I just leave it the way it is? The 2 mb ones I posted earlier is actually the EC bios (KBC?)

I have to copy over at 33B000? The file you posted does not contain any of my laptop info.. Please clarify, thanks.
                    yes ... you need to copy the information to your laptop..The DMI information is in that range ..
                    Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

Ok Then, And the windows key can copy too?

Comment

Ok Then, And the windows key can copy too?
                        Yes : 303000-30303F

Comment

Thanks, I'll solder over the chip this afternoon. Hope for the best. Will update..

Too bad btw the clip not work for this chip. Lot of work to desolder and solder again..
                          Last edited by fyzeler; 08-15-2020, 05:42 AM.

Comment

Using clip is a bad idea .

Comment

The laptop can run again. Great. Thanks for the help for that.

Though I'm now having trouble with some things. When the laptop lid is closed and open again, the laptop gave blue screen and reboot. Other time it just stay black it went shut down and other time it just reboots and reboots again. Also sometimes the laptop not respond on the power button, after two times boot and it's off, no respond to the power button. I take out power supply, wait a bit and connect, then starts again??

Also the laptop does not respond to the fn+esc buttons, it doesn't go into recovery mode. The power should blink, it does not.

Seeing this wasn't before all this happened on the 2.03 bios I assume it's got to do with the bios, I really suspect the EC bios which likely controls this..

Should I flash down back to 2.03 via the normale .exe way (insydeflash.exe) and hope this also restores also my EC chip back to normal. I suspect the EC/KBC chip has some leftover conflicting stuff from the flash to 2.11 that went corrupt.

Or should I flash again the 2.11 version via the normale .exe way. Or I shouldn't do this at all and someone has other suggestion.

I rather not brick it again have to solder out the chip again, seeing the clip not work on the chip......

Thanks! Hope for some further help is much appreciated.
                              Last edited by fyzeler; 08-15-2020, 03:16 PM.

Comment

Also I could flash just the 2MB EC chip with ch341a, but I have no fresh stock.bin for that. For the 2.11 version..

Anyone have it or can make it?

https://www.acer.com/ac/nl/NL/conten...oduct/4653?b=1

theres the bios 2.11 and 2.08.

I do not know where the EC 2 MB bios is..

Thanks.

Comment

Definitely Bios related. Started the laptop this morning only on battery, doesn't show signs of life. Remove battery and put back, and it works again.

The problem I described earlier is mostly to do with the laptop going into sleep or hibernate mode, this will cause a shutdown or a reboot with a windows error.

Hope someone point me in the right direction on how to fix this problem.

Comment

I have downgraded the bios to 2.03, i've done this via the normal way.. execute insydeflash.exe..

Laptop seems more stable but still has issues. I'm not sure the EC was also flashed.

Is it possible to dump the EC bios without attaching a clip / desolder? Just via a software way?

Comment

Could someone confirm this is an EC file, this was included in the 2.03 version download, it has the 4 mb 2.03 version rom and a .ME file which is 2MB.

IS this an EC file for the EC winbios chip of 2 mb?

Confirm please, and if so is there anything I need to copy anything out of the ec bios dump or no need.

Can also compare with the 2MB bios I posted here in the beginning of the THread where i thought it was the MAIN bios..

THANKS.
                                      Attached Files
                                      Last edited by fyzeler; 08-16-2020, 01:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                      X