Acer ES1-711 Plate DAY31AMB6C0 REV: C does nothing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Acer ES1-711 Plate DAY31AMB6C0 REV: C does nothing

Good companions I have in my possession an Acer ES1-711 laptop that does nothing when pressing the power button the board is DAY31AMB6C0 REV: C model ZYL. It has a short in line 19v but I can not find out where he is and ask for your help .
    Clarify that my knowledge is limited but I like this world and little by little I try to understand and read a lot of information about it.
    The checks I have done is that I connect a power supply, if I inject the jack 19v the cables heat up a lot, so I have a fairly large short, I have come to inject only 5v and I am heated PQ37 but I have changed it and it still gives me the heat.
    I think you should look in the diagram on page 30 which is the charger, I have lifted the coils that I see have continuity with respect to ground and I have also checked some components seeing that they are good, these components are PQ37; PD9; PD12; PD11 and PD 13. I don't know how to check if pu9 is the one giving me the problem and I don't know where to look anymore,
    There is a small problem with the plate and it is that in most of the components it is not screen printed so I have to check it carefully with another component looking for continuity and looking at the plate. There are many capacitors that give me continuity but remove them all I see it useless because I think the short film is somewhere else, apart from the fact that these are attached to the cpu and that may be why they give me continuity.
    I enclose the scheme

https://1drv.ms/u/s!ArCMHaOjRKmJzybe...uKLZt?e=pY1EIl

https://drive.google.com/file/d/10lw...w?usp=drivesdk
    I hope your help to solve it

Re: Acer ES1-711 Plate DAY31AMB6C0 REV: C does nothing

+19V is short to GND remove PQ37 do a continuity test multimeter PAD 3/4 ,when you say “these components are PQ37; PD9; PD12; PD11 and PD 13 Good “ how did test them?
    May be a Cap short
    Last edited by Techtiger; 11-19-2019, 02:11 PM.

Comment

Do you have a lab psu??

Comment

If I have a laboratory source but I don't know where to inject and how much, if you could tell me where?

regarding the other question; less pq37 than if you desolder it from the plate the other components measured them on the plate

Comment

Remove PR105 and see which side is shorted to GND. You need to apply voltage on the shorted side after removing PR105. Start with 1V.1Amp and gradually increase the amp. Shorted component should heat up. Dont increase the voltage if you are not sure that your Vcore section is shorted or not as that may kill the onboard cpu+pch die.

Comment

Working...
          X