No power lenovo 100s-11iby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No power lenovo 100s-11iby

I accendintly plued a 19v to a 5v unit lenovo not its dead I dont have any scheamtic , I tried to change the U14 ic the ETA6003 but no lock just 6 milliamps on the powersupply unit, can be the PROCESSor GOT FRIED?

I really need a help
    Last edited by kalilinux25; 07-09-2019, 12:39 AM.

Re: No power lenovo 100s-11iby

Please clarify about what you exactly did. I assume you accidentally applied 19V to 5VALW Rail. Is that correct ?. What is the board part number ?. How much impedance 5V rail shows in reference to GND ?
    Last edited by anshad; 07-09-2019, 03:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by anshad View Post
      Please clarify about what you exactly did. I assume you accidentally applied 19V to 5VALW Rail. Is that correct ?. What is the board part number ?. How much impedance 5V rail shows in reference to GND ?
      I accidentally plug a 19v to a 5v power rail

ITS NB116BT1_MB V11

I have 54 Kiloohms resistance to 5v rail to ground I think its not short cause I chane the 5V Charger Ic already whats may cause the problem, Im just to worrie that maybe the processsor might be fried already

Comment

Yeh, may be cpu is fried but first check impedance on all coils.

Comment

Originally posted by mcplslg123 View Post
          Yeh, may be cpu is fried but first check impedance on all coils.
          all coils are normal
          Where can i test next?

Comment

Originally posted by kalilinux25 View Post
            all coils are normal
            Where can i test next?

I really need asome advice heere

Comment

Originally posted by kalilinux25 View Post
              I really need asome advice heere

Since there is no schematic available for your model, its hard to say what components could be damaged. 5V never goes to the CPU so its less likely the CPU is shorted. But 5V may goes directly to the Chipset sometimes so if your board is having a single SOC chip instead of separate CPU and Chipset, CPU might be dead. You can refer to another schematic which uses the same SOC/Chipset and confirm whether 5V rail goes to SOC/Chipset or not. If it goes, that's bad news.

One of the main use of 5V is as the VCC/VDD supply of PWM chips in different sections. Almost all PWM chips works on 5V so any one of them might also affected.

What was the condition before you made this mistake ?. Was the 5V present when adapter is plugged in ?.
              Last edited by anshad; 07-12-2019, 03:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by anshad View Post
                Since there is no schematic available for your model, its hard to say what components could be damaged. 5V never goes to the CPU so its less likely the CPU is shorted. But 5V may goes directly to the Chipset sometimes so if your board is having a single SOC chip instead of separate CPU and Chipset, CPU might be dead. You can refer to another schematic which uses the same SOC/Chipset and confirm whether 5V rail goes to SOC/Chipset or not. If it goes, that's bad news.

One of the main use of 5V is as the VCC/VDD supply of PWM chips in different sections. Almost all PWM chips works on 5V so any one of them might also affected.

What was the condition before you made this mistake ?. Was the 5V present when adapter is plugged in ?.

On my bench supply it shows 800 miliamp

Comment

Hi,

Did you ever resolve this issue?

Comment

Originally posted by CleverleyDone View Post
                    Hi,

Did you ever resolve this issue?
                    NOT A THING never

Comment