Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HP 15-n027sa DA0U92MB6D0 not detecting charger / doesn't turn on

+3V comes from PQ35 . Check that and PU6
    All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

double post
      Last edited by SMDFlea; 05-24-2018, 09:35 AM. Reason: double post
      All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
        +3V comes from PQ35 . Check that and PU6
        Yeah, but +3V is suspend voltage & it should come only after MAINON & SUSON...

Comment

Originally posted by loser18 View Post
          Yeah, but +3V is suspend voltage & it should come only after MAINON & SUSON...
          yes i know, last night you said you had 1.8V ,so i assumed you were testing pin 11 while switching on.

Comment

OK...

So I've phoned my customer to ask him how did this happen. He said it was caused by faulty adapter (broken cable). I've immediately checked AD_ID & it reads only 1V...Also EC8 was blown, but it's been replaced...Does anyone know if the 1V on AD_ID is correct voltage? I think it should be around 7-8 volts...

Comment

Yep, the correct voltage should be around 0.75V...I think 19V has been pumped in to AD_ID rail & it fried U14(KBC)...Will update once replaced...

Comment

yes its 0.75v as you found out. https://www.elvikom.pl/hp-15-n027sa-...on-t53186.html

Do you have a programmer to flash the KBC dump .

Comment

yes its 0.75v as you found out. https://www.elvikom.pl/hp-15-n027sa-...on-t53186.html

Do you have a programmer to flash the KBC dump .
                  Yes...Already did it...Also replaced SPI chip...Pls note that there's only one 4MB SPI on my mobo...

Comment

Stick to basic use dc power supply to power the board fix it from thier. Once the board is fix turn your self towards adapter save tkme that way

Comment

Yes...Already did it...Also replaced SPI chip...Pls note that there's only one 4MB SPI on my mobo...
                      Yes.. the EC ia at U11. Glad you got it fixed. For future reference the bq24725A is compatible with BQ24728 .

Comment

Yes.. the EC ia at U11. Glad you got it fixed. For future reference the bq24725A is compatible with BQ24728 .
                        It's not fixed yet...BIOS didn't help...Waiting for new IT8528E & will post results once replaced...

Comment

OK guys...

It's been a long time. The laptop is fixed now. I've replaced KBC & everything is working as it should be, however I've had some problems, which I'll explain below.

#1 Heads up:

My original KBC / IO chip was IT8528E EXS . I've ordered AXS & after replacement laptop was completely dead (not even 3 blinks on charging LED). I was never ever thinking the last 3 digits/numbers would make any difference (datasheet also describe them only as a "TRACKING CODE") but after digging some forums I've found out it's actually firmware number as well. Ordered IT8528E EXS & laptop seemed to be completely fixed. So just to let you know, next time you'll be replacing IT8528E or any IT KBC, buy the same "TRACKING CODE"

#2 Heads up:

After the KBC replacement & windows installation everything was working OK except battery charging. When I've started it, BIOS reported straight away the battery needs to be replaced,press enter, blah blah. First I thought my soldering job with KBC was not 100% & MBCLK data is not communicating properly (because I knew battery is OK), however that was not the case. The problem was I've tried another BIOS dumps, but once It's been re-flashed back to my original dump, battery is charging & also reporting OK. So just to let you know again, use your own dump if possible or it may be dependant on DMI information. Not sure.

Anyway...Thanks to you all mates...I hope this info will help to anyone with quanta U92 mobo....
                          Attached Files

Comment

The info about suffix AXS and EXS being not compatible is a lesson for all of us. thanks for updating us.

Comment

Originally posted by mcplslg123 View Post
                              The info about suffix AXS and EXS being not compatible is a lesson for all of us. thanks for updating us.
                              When i ordered the first time i was looking at them code ignoring the ITExxxxxx and it works

Comment

OK guys...

It's been a long time. The laptop is fixed now. I've replaced KBC & everything is working as it should be, however I've had some problems, which I'll explain below.

#1 Heads up:

My original KBC / IO chip was IT8528E EXS . I've ordered AXS & after replacement laptop was completely dead (not even 3 blinks on charging LED). I was never ever thinking the last 3 digits/numbers would make any difference (datasheet also describe them only as a "TRACKING CODE") but after digging some forums I've found out it's actually firmware number as well. Ordered IT8528E EXS & laptop seemed to be completely fixed. So just to let you know, next time you'll be replacing IT8528E or any IT KBC, buy the same "TRACKING CODE"

#2 Heads up:

After the KBC replacement & windows installation everything was working OK except battery charging. When I've started it, BIOS reported straight away the battery needs to be replaced,press enter, blah blah. First I thought my soldering job with KBC was not 100% & MBCLK data is not communicating properly (because I knew battery is OK), however that was not the case. The problem was I've tried another BIOS dumps, but once It's been re-flashed back to my original dump, battery is charging & also reporting OK. So just to let you know again, use your own dump if possible or it may be dependant on DMI information. Not sure.

Anyway...Thanks to you all mates...I hope this info will help to anyone with quanta U92 mobo....

Thanks a lot, you helped me to solve the same issue with the same symptoms

Comment

so,back to this thread,i have the same issue.
                                  but my kbc is ITE 8518E. is this kbc programmable or not?

Comment

Originally posted by incorrect View Post
                                    so,back to this thread,i have the same issue.
                                    but my kbc is ITE 8518E. is this kbc programmable or not?
                                    ITE8518-Non Programmable

Comment

the same source says that ITE8528E is not programmable aswell but this thread says the opposite.

Comment

Working...
                                      X