Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Acer E5-411 No Power

Hi, Anyone could please help me fix the issue of Acer E5-411

It's not coming On. But voltage in power switch is present 3.3V. No short on the main power rail. 5V and 3v are present. My main concern is the BIOS Voltage which is 0.8V only and I think not enough. Bios Voltage is coming directly from the SIO Chip.

I suppose that even the Bios is Low on Voltage the laptop will turn On though you can see nothing on the screen if I am correct. But the laptop is totally dead even after switching On.

I need advice from experienced Tech here if I need to replace the SIO chip. Or if You have any input that can fix the issue would highly be appreciated. Stay safe everyone!

Re: Acer E5-411 No Power

What is the voltage on pin8 of main bios?? Is that also 0.8V?? Thats your +3VPCU line-so you need to probe why its getting pulled down. Platform quanta ZQM??

Comment

Originally posted by mygemsga2019 View Post
      Hi, Anyone could please help me fix the issue of Acer E5-411

It's not coming On. But voltage in power switch is present 3.3V. No short on the main power rail. 5V and 3v are present. My main concern is the BIOS Voltage which is 0.8V only and I think not enough. Bios Voltage is coming directly from the SIO Chip.

I suppose that even the Bios is Low on Voltage the laptop will turn On though you can see nothing on the screen if I am correct. But the laptop is totally dead even after switching On.

I need advice from experienced Tech here if I need to replace the SIO chip. Or if You have any input that can fix the issue would highly be appreciated. Stay safe everyone!
      the bios has the program to initiate boot sequence so if you dont have power to the bios ic.. its like you computer is in off state though you press the power switch you get nothing try to focus there no bios ic voltage.. if you have the schematics trace it there.. check the power rail.. the ALW voltage 3.3 , 5v, 1.8 etc..
      Never stop LEARNING because life never stops TEACHING!

Comment

Originally posted by mcplslg123 View Post
        What is the voltage on pin8 of main bios?? Is that also 0.8V?? Thats your +3VPCU line-so you need to probe why its getting pulled down. Platform quanta ZQM??
        @mcplslg123 Yes Voltage on pin8 main BIOS is also 0.8V. And yes Platform quanta ZQM.
        Last edited by mygemsga2019; 08-14-2020, 09:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Duranitron View Post
          the bios has the program to initiate boot sequence so if you dont have power to the bios ic.. its like you computer is in off state though you press the power switch you get nothing try to focus there no bios ic voltage.. if you have the schematics trace it there.. check the power rail.. the ALW voltage 3.3 , 5v, 1.8 etc..
          @Duranitron The Main BIOS VIN is coming from SIO Chip Pin88 which is also 0.8V does that mean that the SIO CHIP is faulty? Please need clarification on this. I like your slogan though. That is the true meaning of Life.

Comment

UPDATE: I measure again the pin88 in U7(SIO CHIP) to PQ1(Pin3) the reading is 1.8V and I think its normal. After passing to PQ1(Pin1) the voltage is dropping to 0.8V. Any idea why the voltage is dropping. Need advise please, Thank you!

One more thing can I inject Voltage to PQ1(Pin1) to see what is getting hot. I am worried if I do so more parts will get burned. Need advise please.
            Last edited by mygemsga2019; 08-15-2020, 02:45 AM.

Comment

Any input need here please! Thank you!

Comment

Are you getting voltage on pin2 of PQ1?? Without proper voltage at pin2, PQ1 will not pass voltage to pin1. Measure voltage on all pins of PQ1 & PQ2. What is the resistance on PIN1 of PQ1??

Comment

Are you getting voltage on pin2 of PQ1?? Without proper voltage at pin2, PQ1 will not pass voltage to pin1. Measure voltage on all pins of PQ1 & PQ2. What is the resistance on PIN1 of PQ1??
                  @mcplslg123
                  PQ1 Pin1 = 0.8V
                  PQ1 Pin2 = 0.0V
                  PQ1 Pin3 = 1.8V

PQ2 Pin1 = 0.0V
                  PQ2 Pin2 = 0.0V
                  PQ2 Pin3 = 3.0V

Resistance PQ1 Pin = 2K ohms

It is possible that the PU1 is faulty?
                  PU1
                  Pin1= 2.5 v
                  Pin20 = 19v
                  All other pins are 0V

PQ28
                  Pin3 = 0V
                  Pin3 = 0V
                  Pin3 = 2.8V

PQ3
                  Pin3 = 0V
                  Pin3 = 0V
                  Pin3 = 3V
                  Last edited by mygemsga2019; 08-17-2020, 03:07 AM.

Comment

Try replacing PU1.

Comment

Try replacing PU1.
                      @mcplslg123
                      I replaced the PU1
                      Here's the voltage value each pin

1. 2 v
                      3. 2.3v
                      4. 2.3v
                      5. 3.4v
                      6. 3.4v
                      7. 0v
                      8. 0v
                      9. 0v
                      10. 0v
                      11. 0v
                      12. 0v
                      13. 12v
                      14. 0v
                      15. 0v
                      16. 0v
                      17. 26v
                      18. 19v
                      19. 0v
                      20. 19v

The unit has now power but the issue is once the RAM were installed the unit were shutoff rightaway. so I have done a little more digging and found out that R405 is shorted I want to replace that resistor but I do not know the exact value. cannot be found in the schematic nor in board view. How would I know the exact value of the resistor?

R405 Pin1 & Pin2 resistance value = 135ohms

Please need some guidance. Thank you so much and stay safe!

Comment

I dont know which schematic you are following but as per the schematic i've for quanta ZQM, R405 is on page6 of schematic and its 0 Ohms.

Btw, Does the mb turns on without ram and shuts off instantly with ram??

Comment

I dont know which schematic you are following but as per the schematic i've for quanta ZQM, R405 is on page6 of schematic and its 0 Ohms.

Btw, Does the mb turns on without ram and shuts off instantly with ram??
                          Yes, The MB will turn on without RAM and shut off instantly with RAM were installed.

Comment

so check RAM power rail for short or if comming on

Comment

Originally posted by ktmmotocross View Post
                              so check RAM power rail for short or if comming on
                              Yes, I checked PQ26, PQ27, PL9 and PC191 are all good. Capacitors and Resistors around the PU12 are all good. I thought that PU12 is faulty but I'm not sure.

The RAM is working I tried it in other laptop.

Comment

Anyone can confirm if PU12 need to be replace. Thank you!

Comment

Is the cmos battery good? Have you reset the cmos?

Comment

Originally posted by Dumah Brazorf View Post
                                    Is the cmos battery good? Have you reset the cmos?
                                    Yes, I replace it with a new bat. Reset the CMOS and still the same.

Comment

You get 1.35V on PL9 without ram?? The voltage is stable?? HWPG_1.35V present??

Comment

You get 1.35V on PL9 without ram?? The voltage is stable?? HWPG_1.35V present??
                                        Everything is good now after flashing the BIOS. @mcplslg123 Thanks for the help you're a good man

Thread Closed

Comment

Working...
                                        X