Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: T440p Please deactivate or disable computarce in given bios

Originally posted by kamalkharbanda View Post
    Its grayed out (computrace function only)
    Honestly I believe the problem is that there is some other security password that is required before you get to the supervisor password. Does it have the power-on password enabled?

EDIT: I've done some quick googling... Your board is locked by Anti-Theft. This patch won't help you with that.
    Last edited by Knucklegrumble; 08-13-2020, 08:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Knucklegrumble View Post
      Honestly I believe the problem is that there is some other security password that is required before you get to the supervisor password. Does it have the power-on password enabled?

EDIT: I've done some quick googling... Your board is locked by Anti-Theft. This patch won't help you with that.
      Yes my board is locked by Anti Theft.
      what is the solution for this

Comment

Re: Remove_SMM... UEFI.

Upload a short video on YouTube. Let see what is "gray"
        Joe's KMX1 Pro S, RevelprogIS, TL866II, CH341A, Vertyanov JIG 3.1, Eakins Microscope, Gordak 952, 30V/5Ah PSU, 890C+, T2L Thermal Camera, SVOD 3, etc.

Comment

put a password, patched the bios, it removes the Anti Theft

Comment

Originally posted by Maxpower3 View Post
            put a password, patched the bios, it removes the Anti Theft
            I don't think he can put a password... He's locked out of the settings.

Comment

I don't think he can put a password... He's locked out of the settings.
              I have already made several like that. The anti theft box is grayed out but we can put a password. It must be patched after that and the box becomes blue again with the choice enable or disable.
              it must have a message when opening the setup if the pc is linked by anti theft

Comment

Originally posted by Maxpower3 View Post
                I have already made several like that. The anti theft box is grayed out but we can put a password. It must be patched after that and the box becomes blue again with the choice enable or disable.
                it must have a message when opening the setup if the pc is linked by anti theft
                Oh ok.

What happens if there is anti-theft AND there is already a SV password?

Comment

it also unlock with bios patched

Comment

Can someone with deeper knowledge than mine explain why the 9th generation can't be unlocked with a patch like this one?

Comment

@Knucklegrumble
                      The way I see the problem is like this:
                      ThinkPad 9th Generations models (not all) have this "Self-Healing" bios, 32MB (or 256mbit) chip, which store the current bios and the previous (backed-up) bios, so when you modify the firmware, the modification is detected when it fails hash/signature verifications during power-on, then ThinkPad will "self-heal" with the backup bios, the patched files are never executed. If you modify both bioses computer will not POST.

Do you have a 9th Gen ThinkPad to test? Give it a try and you'll see.

Comment

Can someone with deeper knowledge than mine explain why the 9th generation can't be unlocked with a patch like this one?
                        [QUOTE=Maxpower3]
                        Originally posted by superhansi
                        Hi,

i dont have patched 32mb file that does unlock the SVP, it boots but the behavior is the same as unpatched (despite the fact a known PW isnt working, but thats common for all imho)

What i know is, that they extended the bytes in MEC that belong to the pw (usually its 16byte + checksum, now its 32byte + checksum).
                        The trick for new gen isnt working in 9th gen
                        I didnt even find someone who is selling 9th gen, they all ask to send device in (probably they program the MEC with jtag) or say that its not for selling...

Comment

hi,an help patch this x240 ?
                          please
                          Last edited by b4rdock; 08-14-2020, 09:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by b4rdock View Post
                            hi,an help patch this x240 ?
                            please
                            here dump
                            https://mega.nz/file/C8JhnYjK#ePKHan...1QmSnKVfyShsz8

Comment

Originally posted by AAAC View Post
                              @Knucklegrumble
                              ThinkPad 9th Generations models (not all) have this "Self-Healing" bios, 32MB (or 256mbit) chip, which store the current bios and the previous (backed-up) bios, so when you modify the firmware, the modification is detected when it fails hash/signature verifications during power-on, then ThinkPad will "self-heal" with the backup bios, the patched files are never executed. If you modify both bioses computer will not POST.

And @Maxpower3

Thank you both for the explanation. I don't have a 9th gen currently on hand but I might be able to get one at some point to try it out. I'm curious to see if anything can be done.
                              Last edited by Knucklegrumble; 08-14-2020, 10:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by b4rdock View Post
                                Try using this and report please https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=87588

Comment

@Knucklegrumble

According to this post they can unlock 9th gen with their patch (ie. T490)... So what am I missing here? I'm confused...

https://www.allservice.ro/forum/view...b82c079d88c277

Comment

@Knucklegrumble
                                    They don't mention anything about patching for latest models, it says:
                                    "P1, X1 Tablet Gen3, L390, X390, P53, T490, T495, T590, X1 Extreme Gen1, X1 carbon gen7 - some of these momentarily only available in our service shop."

Off the list, I know that T495 can be patched and unlocked using Dxe driver, also: ThinkPad E490, ThinkPad E490s and ThinkPad E590 (these 3 use same bios file).
                                    Contact them, depending on the model they may ask you to ship ThinkPad to them.

Comment

@Knucklegrumble
                                      They don't mention anything about patching for latest models, it says:
                                      "P1, X1 Tablet Gen3, L390, X390, P53, T490, T495, T590, X1 Extreme Gen1, X1 carbon gen7 - some of these momentarily only available in our service shop."

Off the list, I know that T495 can be patched and unlocked using Dxe driver, also: ThinkPad E490, ThinkPad E490s and ThinkPad E590 (these 3 use same bios file).
                                      Contact them, depending on the model they may ask you to ship ThinkPad to them.
                                      Ah you're correct... In the second post where they list the T490 they say that some models are only available in their shop... I really need to get my hands on a 490 and poke around some... Lol

Comment

Please can someone patch this for x1 6th
                                        Last edited by SMDFlea; 04-01-2023, 07:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JOHNLAG7 View Post
                                          Please can someone patch this for x1 6th
                                          Try the auto-patcher ,read the instructions in the first post

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=87588
                                          All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Working...
                                          X