hp 8460p schematic please guys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: hp 8460p schematic please guys

This is not a common issue. In all the boards Ive seen Ive had maybe 1 where the GND Fet for the buck converter is stuck open.

Yet again if this Fet is already shorted open its ALREADY done its damage. 19v at a few amps would destroy the next item in line on that board. Usually the inductor.

We can go around and make up worse case scenarios but truth is this isnt common from my experience.

Comment

Check 19v rail and try to find if u got hot on any caps. Usually im found brown cap leakage. The method inject 19v needto do with carefully. Im worried the become worst case many fet on the rail was shorted or burn. And make sure the fet u replace is same voltage and same channel

Comment

Originally posted by BCConnectionLLC View Post
        This is not a common issue. In all the boards Ive seen Ive had maybe 1 where the GND Fet for the buck converter is stuck open.

Yet again if this Fet is already shorted open its ALREADY done its damage. 19v at a few amps would destroy the next item in line on that board. Usually the inductor.

We can go around and make up worse case scenarios but truth is this isnt common from my experience.

You do not read my posts or maybe you do not understand them (due to English not being my native language). YOU FORGET PROTECTION. 19V never reach this fet so rarely any more damage was done.
        I've seen this senario numerous times and I believe is your right to do your job anyway you like but you can not advise other people doing the same when there is a risk of provoking more damage.

Comment

Comment

Thank alot

Comment

Thank You ..

Comment

Working...
              X