Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone have experience with with a high power lasers for engraving recommendions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone have experience with with a high power lasers for engraving recommendions

I am looking to buy at least up to a 30 watt engraving laser ( to use on a 3D printer format )
    ( 24 volt format preferred will use 12 volt format )

I looking for recommendations for a good laser head ( with heat sink ) with PWM control ( PWM controller separate from the laser is preferred ) I have googled this to find as much information as I can but what I can not find is good recommendations for just any brand

I do have the circuit for the interface to the 3D printer controller board for the PWM output for the input to laser ( optic sensor circuit ) which I have to make this circuit board

Now for the buck converter for the laser 24 volt to 12 volt

I not sure what type to use because I saw where someone has used one but you had to hook up the buck converter a special way for it to work correctly

I looking to spend up to $200.00 ( I would consider spending more if it for quality reasons )

Does anyone who visits this forum can give me some recommendations on a good quality laser product and where to buy it

24 volt laser head with heat sink ( 24 volts so I do not have use a buck converter)
    PWM interface ( 0 to 5 volts ) ( PWM controller board separate from the laser head preferred )
    30 watt maximum output ( range of wattage I am looking for 10 to 30 watt )
    High quality ( this is a must requirement if possible )

I would like be able to use PayPal to pay for this purchase if preferably possible

Thanks for any input anyone has about this subject
    Last edited by sam_sam_sam; 07-18-2020, 05:18 AM.
    9 PC LCD Monitor
    6 LCD Flat Screen TV
    30 Desk Top Switching Power Supply
    10 Battery Charger Switching Power Supply for Power Tool
    6 18v Lithium Battery Power Boards for Tool Battery Packs
    1 XBox 360 Switching Power Supply and M Board
    25 Servo Drives 220/460 3 Phase
    6 De-soldering Station Switching Power Supply 1 Power Supply
    1 Dell Mother Board
    15 Computer Power Supply
    1 HP Printer Supply & Control Board * lighting finished it *

These two repairs where found with a ESR meter...> Temp at 50*F then at 90*F the ESR reading more than 10%

1 Over Head Crane Current Sensing Board ( VFD Failure Five Years Later )
    2 Hem Saw Computer Stack Board

All of these had CAPs POOF
    All of the mosfet that are taken out by bad caps

Re: Does anyone have experience with with a high power lasers for engraving recommend

You might check to see what's used in laser cutters (find manuals/parts lists). It's hard to imagine that they would "cheap out" on the laser in such a device!

Comment

Re: Does anyone have experience with with a high power lasers for engraving recommend

I have read that the run time is about 30 minutes at a time because of over heating issues this is one reason for this post and other issues that I might not have considered or do not know about
      Last edited by sam_sam_sam; 07-18-2020, 03:27 PM.
      9 PC LCD Monitor
      6 LCD Flat Screen TV
      30 Desk Top Switching Power Supply
      10 Battery Charger Switching Power Supply for Power Tool
      6 18v Lithium Battery Power Boards for Tool Battery Packs
      1 XBox 360 Switching Power Supply and M Board
      25 Servo Drives 220/460 3 Phase
      6 De-soldering Station Switching Power Supply 1 Power Supply
      1 Dell Mother Board
      15 Computer Power Supply
      1 HP Printer Supply & Control Board * lighting finished it *

These two repairs where found with a ESR meter...> Temp at 50*F then at 90*F the ESR reading more than 10%

1 Over Head Crane Current Sensing Board ( VFD Failure Five Years Later )
      2 Hem Saw Computer Stack Board

All of these had CAPs POOF
      All of the mosfet that are taken out by bad caps

Comment

Originally posted by sam_sam_sam View Post
        I have read that the run time is about 30 minutes at a time because of over heating issues this is one reason for this post and other issues that I might not have considered or do not know about
        I can't speak to the time involved...

The local makerhouse is currently having their laser repaired. One of the action items is to "add water cooling" (!) I think their's is 70W.

But, I have no idea how the failure came about -- misuse? overuse? bad luck??

Comment

Working...
        X