Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HP BIOS unlock tool

Originally posted by baselse View Post
    Yes I did, but after going through the bios menu, there was a second prompt for the admin password which was not removed.
    See post.
    Did you just use the tool? or did you clear all hex values down to the bit that ends with hex AA55??

Comment

Originally posted by Timbo01 View Post
      Did you just use the tool? or did you clear all hex values down to the bit that ends with hex AA55??
      I just used the tool.
      Is it better to clear further with hex edit?

Comment

Originally posted by baselse View Post
        I just used the tool.
        Is it better to clear further with hex edit?

Not always but in some cases, yes. Those sections have different lengths so I did not try to clear the whole section because in my case, I never needed to. But seems like there are bunch of laptops which have a bit different kind of passwords.

Comment

Originally posted by RethoricalCheese View Post
          Not always but in some cases, yes. Those sections have different lengths so I did not try to clear the whole section because in my case, I never needed to. But seems like there are bunch of laptops which have a bit different kind of passwords.
          As you can see in my original bios file, zero-ing until AA55 is a large extension, but I'd like to give that a try.
          Is the AA55 itself also supposed to be zero'ed out? Or is AA55 the first non zero data?

Comment

AA55 must stay as it is. And zeroing is not exactly the right word. You need to copy clean UserCred section with the same length from another file. There are other values in that section which have to be present for it to work. That's the main reason I did not want to clear up to AA55 automatically.

Comment

AA55 must stay as it is. And zeroing is not exactly the right word. You need to copy clean UserCred section with the same length from another file. There are other values in that section which have to be present for it to work. That's the main reason I did not want to clear up to AA55 automatically.
              I see. I did also buy a seperate bios chip online, pre-programmed without password.
              But that file seems to be written in a new format or something, cause the UserCred is not found if I hex open the rom file.
              Only with UEFITool I can find the UserCred and AdminPW sections, so it seems they are packed in the original rom file.
              Here is the rom file from the seperate bios chip, clean. Maybe you can find anything in it?
              Attached Files

Comment

For some reason, my uefitool does not want to open it.

Comment

For some reason, my uefitool does not want to open it.
                  It takes a minute on my pc too, but then it opens.

Comment

Nobody have an idea how to get rid of this?
                    I don't even know where to dig, google isn't really helpful

Any help is very apreciated

Comment

Originally posted by IT-Guy View Post
                      Nobody have an idea how to get rid of this?
                      I don't even know where to dig, google isn't really helpful

Any help is very apreciated
                      I need too solution of this problem ;(

Comment

Hi i had a hp830 g5 with locked bios password
                        i removed battery and did not use power adapter either I soldered direct onto the 256 bios chip using magnet wire USE mag glass to check for solder bridges on pins before proceeding and connected wires onto a set of pins that would fit into the ic socket on the ch341 programmer i had already done the 3V mod to the ch341 i kept the wires about 9 inches long and spaced them apart .. i ran the ch341 software and did 4 reads and compares and verify s to each saved file to make sure code was same and good i also looked through code to check it was good in particular around address 1b00c00 where USER CRED is i then used unlock program to change code ....then after checking it was changed and good i erased chip this did not work first time took 3 goes to get clear erased chip so this is a MUST do you must check its a clean erase before you proceed... DONT RELY ON THE PROGRAM IT SAYS erase DONE WHEN ITS NOT always perfect ...i even used AS Programmer software to erase then i programmed with new unlocked bin file and then read and verify and another read and verify and manually went and checked code again from bios chip all was ok removed wires reconnected battery and powered on this time i was able to get into bios ok no other problems at all reset bios password to 12345678 as easy to remember so proof the unlocker works with HP830 G5 ....if it fails then you didnt copy bin properly or you did not have a fully erased chip ...once it was half erased with some code still near end ...SO MAKE SURE IT IS BLANK before try to program ....with the slow read and program speed be patient and dont cut corners....steve p

Comment

HP EliteBook 820 G2 confirmed. Thanks a lot bro

Comment

Another success here. Thank You!!! HP 840 G2 locked BIOS - de-soldered MXIC SOIC 8 25L12873F package, read BIN with TL866II, applied unlocker, wrote back, re-soldered & booted to a unlocked BIOS. Wonderful!!!

Comment

In the spirit of something you mentioned in OP re: any improvements.. how about a small feature of producing a log file which details the password that was set..? As example - I have 3 laptops and I suspect they are all set using same password.. Might be able to unlock the remaining ones old fashioned way.. Superb work though!!! - tool is very very useful post HP non SMC help.!!!!

Comment

Can't get that feature. Passwords are encrypted and I do not know how to decrypt them.

Comment

Can't get that feature. Passwords are encrypted and I do not know how to decrypt them.
                                  Ahh, of course - I suppose that is the whole point.. LOL - sorry me being stupid.

Again though - thank you for this tool!!! Really helpful!!!!!!!

Comment

Hi,

could someone please check this BIOS BIN files? I have unlocked with the tool but the laptop starts with no Video output and the fan runs with max speed.

Laptop is the HP 830 G5 Model and the BIOS has the latest Version:01.11.01 Rev.A

Thanks for your help
                                    Attached Files

Comment

try..
                                      Attached Files
                                      Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

its a great tool plx working on Toshiba response code

Comment

Hello my zbook 15 g6 bios is password protected. Ive bought a Ch341a Programmer with Clip. Which Chip I have to dump? The bios Chip? Thanks for any hint

Comment

Working...
                                          X