• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Numark NS6 Usb problem

I wait for the chip to arrive and let you know

Comment

the atmega162 chip will arrive to me on wednesday, but i still haven't been able to find the firmware, can someone help me?

Comment

I tried to replace the atmega162 (despite not having the firmware yet) and now the program detects the chip via usbasp, I also tried to connect the card to the PC to see if there was any sign of life but nothing. Do you think there are other problems or is it only the lack of firmware that does not detect it from the computer?

Comment

without firmware the chip will do nothing.

Comment

a curiosity, if I tried to put the firmware of the numark NS6-2 (because that is downloadable), just to try, could I go back to its original once I have found it? Maybe I said bullshit but I would like to understand what happens

Comment

you can write to the chip as many times as you like
              you need the fuse-bytes too - althou you can probaby work that out

Comment

please take a look at the firmware of the ns6II, after downloading and extracting it, it gives me strange files, according to you which one should i use? they have no information and no extension I'm going crazy

Comment

post it here.
                  and a sevice-manual / schematic if you can find one - to see if the chip is wired the same way.

Comment

I can't find a service manual for ns6II
                    Attached Files

Comment

well that's a windows exe, i cant and wont run that - if you managed to extract files from inside it then let me know.
                      i know it has an installer in it that tries to put a load of crap in the o.s. related to visual C.

Comment

I extracted it but I don't see any firmware file, there are a series of files with no extension

Comment

looking at the schematics again, there is no way on yours atleast that an upgrade could re-flash the atmel.

Comment

What should I watch? I did not understand correctly, maybe I expressed myself wrong, I do not have the firmware of the ns6 and I wanted to try to load that of the ns6II but as you could see it is in a strange format, so I am facing a dead end

Comment

i dont think that file has atmel code in it, just the firmware for the bigger main chip.
                              try to contact Numark again - the fact that they didnt say no means they may have just not got your message to the right department.
                              link them to this forum - publicity helps.

Comment

the firmware must undoubtedly be loaded into the atmel chip, I don't know which other chip you are referring to, because the isp connector clearly says ISP ATMEL, so the firmware must be loaded into atmel, which chip are you referring to?

Comment

if the firmware update runs in windows through the usb connector then it's not flashing the atmel,
                                  it's updating the Flashchip or the FPGA

the only way to flash the atmel is with the programming header.

Comment

so are you telling me that the firmware should not go inside atmel ??? and at this point why the controller is not detected by the computer?

Comment

The firmware goes inside the Atmel.
                                      The service schematic shows the USB port, but also J13 programming header is connected for this purpose.
                                      The thing is via USB is not possible without there already being a firmware on the device: i.e. you can update via USB, but not load the initial firmware that way.
                                      I extracted the firmware from the installer, but this does not look to be in Intel HEX format. (And also how do you know if the NS6-II model is even similar?)
                                      So it might be something proprietary, I don't really know.
                                      As stj said your best bet here might be to get some info from the manufacturer.
                                      Most likely the firmware is obfuscated, but maybe in that case they could sell you a preflashed new Atmel chip...

Attached Files
                                      Last edited by Per Hansson; 07-25-2020, 12:38 PM.
                                      "The one who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the one who is doing it."

Comment

Re: Problema Di Numark NS6 Usb

Originally posted by Per Hansson View Post
                                        The firmware goes inside the Atmel.
                                        The service schematic shows the USB port, but also J13 programming header is connected for this purpose.
                                        The thing is via USB is not possible without there already being a firmware on the device: i.e. you can update via USB, but not load the initial firmware that way.
                                        I extracted the firmware from the installer, but this does not look to be in Intel HEX format. (And also how do you know if the NS6-II model is even similar?)
                                        So it might be something proprietary, I don't really know.
                                        As stj said your best bet here might be to get some info from the manufacturer.
                                        Most likely the firmware is obfuscated, but maybe in that case they could sell you a preflashed new Atmel chip...

what did you send me which controller it belongs to? yes I know that of the ns6II probably will not work I would just try to load it to see if at least it is detected by the pc

Comment

That is what they call the "XMOS firmware" in the above screenshot.
                                          -Whatever that is, don't ask me, I didn't design it
                                          That said it is of a size (24KB) which would be in the ballpark depending on used encoding format for the Atmega...
                                          "The one who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the one who is doing it."

Comment

Working...
                                          X