Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Samsung LE40A558P3FXXU Colored lines

Originally posted by budm View Post
    Pictures are too low res for me to zoom in to see anything in details.
    I have uploaded the unedited versions of the pictures are these any better or do I need to take more?
    Attached Files

Comment

I have checked the 12VIN on the T-Con and am getting 12.4v is there any other voltage checks I need to carry out? does this mean the problem is forward of the T-con? thanks

Comment

anybody know what I should be looking at next? thanks

Comment

I would like help you but theese days i'm too busy and too hot in the room with the PC turned on..

Comment

Originally posted by Davi.p View Post
            I would like help you but theese days i'm too busy and too hot in the room with the PC turned on..
            Hi, I'm not sure of the purpose of your response? did you have any advice/help to give? I would really like to get this sorted out and don't want to just throw boards at it someone please let me know what I should be looking at/doing next, I've checked the T-con input and have 12.4V on the 12VIN test point

Thanks for all your help and understanding this level of tech testing is not my strong point though I do enjoy the feeling of getting something going again.

Comment

It's very simple, since i asked you photos but now it's not the right moment, if you can wait also better wheater , september or so..

Comment

In your first picture at post #20 it looks like there`s some sort of liquid residue,it could be flux, and i see a resistor thats not straight.Have you owned the TV from new or is it used/refurbished,have you had any previous repairs done to it.
                All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
                  In your first picture at post #20 it looks like there`s some sort of liquid residue,it could be flux, and i see a resistor thats not straight.Have you owned the TV from new or is it used/refurbished,have you had any previous repairs done to it.
                  Thanks for your response SMDFlea it's a used unit I got for my daughter a while ago that only recently started showing this issue no one has looked at it before me that I'm aware of which component are you referring to please?

I see it now R867, looking at the board several of these resistors are not straight R867,R850,R851,R278 there's quite a number of them so I've checked the 12VIN and got 12.4V does that mean the issue lies T-con forward then? component F1 is that going to be a fuse?
                  Last edited by 24mech; 08-01-2020, 09:46 AM. Reason: add info

Comment

It's very simple, since i asked you photos but now it's not the right moment, if you can wait also better wheater , september or so..
                    I think I understand what you're saying, it's to hot to spend time at the PC to study the pictures to look for the fault, is there anything I could do to help with the looking?

Comment

i found a good photo of the board, test in volt points VGH, VGL, V1D8, V2D5, V3D3, AVDD,; touch as15-f chip to feel too much heat..

Comment

Great what voltages should I be looking for?

Comment

you have only to write them here obviously, i tell you the rest..

Comment

i found a good photo of the board, test in volt points VGH, VGL, V1D8, V2D5, V3D3, AVDD,; touch as15-f chip to feel too much heat..
                            I can't see the test points you are asking me to test, I can see lots of points VGMA1 through to VGMA22

I can see loads starting OX and EX

an LVDS_IN and LVDS_OUT

REF1 through to REF21

are we looking at the same board you do want me testing on the T_con?

Comment

found them all these are the results I got with the screen turned on

V1D8 1.8v
                              AVDD 15.66v
                              VGL 5.9v
                              VGH 21.5v
                              V3D3 3.3v
                              V2D5 2.48v

which chip is the as15-f please?
                              Last edited by 24mech; 08-03-2020, 12:26 PM.

Comment

VGL must be negative, as15 is written on chip

Comment

VGL must be negative, as15 is written on chip

I'm not sure I understand do I need to retest the VGL, were the rest of the results okay, I will have another close look at the board for the AS15 chip

Comment

Your meter should show minus sign in front of the number being display on the meter for the VGL reading to indicating that the Voltage is negative polarity.
                                    Never stop learning
                                    Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                                    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                                    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                                    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                                    http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                                    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

Originally posted by 24mech View Post
                                      I'm not sure I understand do I need to retest the VGL, were the rest of the results okay, I will have another close look at the board for the AS15 chip
                                      the as15 ic will look like this in this video
                                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jf75hmjd6X8

Comment

It's obvious that if you have silicone bumpers you have to remove it, search the web for images with the TCON code, you'll find the picture with as-15 visible, check images from https://spares2repair.co.uk

Comment

I rechecked the voltage at VGL - 5.9

I have removed the silicone bumper from as-15 after 5 mins of tv on its cold how long do I need to leave it on before testing?

Comment

Working...
                                          X