Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Must this Nuvoton NCT6793D Super I/O IC be programmed ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Must this Nuvoton NCT6793D Super I/O IC be programmed ?

Hello Guys

I try to Fix a Asus Z370 Mainboard and i have a Faulty Super IO chip
    Nuvoton NCT6793D
    and I would like to know if I can simply replace it or do I have to program it

here is the Datasheet https://www.datasheets360.com/pdf/-5784980196637118353

would be very grateful if someone could help me

Re: Must this Nuvoton NCT6793D Super I/O IC be programmed ?

It doesn`t need programming. Are you using windows or linux, are the temps accurate in the bios menu
    Last edited by SMDFlea; 08-02-2020, 06:42 AM.
    All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Hey, thanks for the information. Then I can order a new one and try it out.

I can not test it, no post . The chip is somewhat blown up and gets very hot when the power supply is plugged in

Comment

Originally posted by ck84 View Post
        I can not test it, no post . The chip is somewhat blown up and gets very hot when the power supply is plugged in
        If that's the case, check Vcc supply to the Super I/O (typically 3.3V either through a MOSFET or a linear regulator generated from the 5VSB.)

It would best to do this once you remove the Super I/O chip and apply 5V to 5VSB pin on ATX conn.

While at it, also check if the LAN/Ethernet IC gets hot. I've seen a few motherboards get destroyed in a thunderstorm through the ethernet port. Also check any other IC that received power from the 3.3V standby rail (RAM Vdd and Vtt circuits, usually.)

Comment

Working...
        X