Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Toshiba Tecra A11 (PTSE0A) Power Issues / Schematic?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toshiba Tecra A11 (PTSE0A) Power Issues / Schematic?

Hi everyone,

I am desperately after a schematic for this board.

The unit cam from another repair store with no power issue, no lights, nothing.
    I assume someone tried to power it with 19v (its a 15v unit) as a smd fuse was blown, after replacing it the DC power light is on, however no battery charge or response from power button.

Manually shorting the 3v 4th pin (on pwr flex conn) to ground gets the unit to throw an error sequence on the dc_in led (10100010) which i translated to A2 (am I wrong?) which in the service manual is ;

A2h 1R05-E1V voltage is under 0.89V when the computer is booting up.

I have no idea where to go from there, can anyone help?

Aside from this the charging ic is a FUJITSU MB39A118B (http://www.alldatasheet.com/datashee...39A119_08.html)

I think its no good, I get..

1 - 15v
    2 - 15v
    3 - 15v
    4 - 2v
    5 - 2v
    6 - 0v
    7 - 0v
    8 - 1.6v
    19 - 0v
    27 - 1.2v

Im going to change it but I thought id ask first in case im doing something wrong.
    Last edited by JCIT; 03-25-2014, 09:59 PM. Reason: Spelling

Re: Toshiba Tecra A11 (PTSE0A) Power Issues / Schematic?

What is the voltage on pin 21?

Comment

Thanks atsio, I'll check tomorrow when i'm back at the shop and give the rest of the voltages, would have done them all today but was running out of time.

I have since realized that the Toshiba binary led errors have to be reversed, so im not getting A2h, I am getting 45h which is S3Vvoltage is under 3.14V, can anyone confirm that i am converting this code correctly?

Comment

Ok ive tested the lot, (a few corrections... i was tired?) All double checked.

I should be getting 10v at the battery connector shouldnt i? its only 5v.

1 - 15v
        2 - 15v
        3 - 15v
        4 - 2v
        5 - 2v
        6 - 0v
        7 - 0v
        8 - 1.1v
        9 - 1.1v
        10 - 0v
        11 - 0v
        12 - 1.4v
        13 - 0v
        14 - 1.5v
        15 - 1.4v
        16 - 1.4v
        17 - 0
        18 - 0
        19 - 0v
        20 - 0
        21 - 0
        22 - 15v
        23 - 0
        24 - 0
        25 - 0
        26 - 1.2v
        27 - 0.8v
        28 - 0.5v

Comment

The datasheet mentions that:

(10) Control block (CTL)
          Setting the CTL terminal (pin 21) “L” level places in the standby mode.

and

AC ADAPTER DETECTION FUNCTION
          When ACIN terminal (pin 4) voltage is lower than 2.0 V (Typ) , AC adapter voltage detection block (AC Comp.) outputs “Hi-Z” level to the ACOK terminal (pin 5) and outputs “L” level to the XACOK terminal (pin 22) . When
          CTL terminal (pin 21) is set to “L” level, ACOK terminal (pin 5) and XACOK terminal (pin 22) are fixed to“Hi-Z” level.

(1) AC adapter presence
          The presence of AC adapter can be easily detected because the signal is output from the ACOK terminal (pin5) to microcomputer etc.
          In this case, if CTL terminal (pin 21) is set in “L” level, IC become the standby state (ICC = 0 μA Typ) .

but I think you should have 5v on VREF pin.

Comment

I defiantly have 0v at pin 19 (Vref)

Am I understanding correctly that pin 5 & 22 should be 19v (Hi-Z?)

Does all this mean the IC in question is faulty or is the 5v regulator at fault?

Comment

Find the fets near the charger (read and report their model) and check the voltage and impendance of each pin. Probably they will have a code printed like QXX or PQXX.
              Last edited by atsio; 03-27-2014, 03:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JCIT View Post
                I defiantly have 0v at pin 19 (Vref)

Am I understanding correctly that pin 5 & 22 should be 19v (Hi-Z?)

Does all this mean the IC in question is faulty or is the 5v regulator at fault?
                You mean 15V ("protected mode" - closed fets). Hi-Z means High Impendance (no output). I think the IC is bad but better check first why pin 21 is Low.
                Last edited by atsio; 03-27-2014, 03:56 AM.

Comment

Sorry I did mean 15v.

By the battery connector is an A2718
                  http://pdf1.alldatasheet.net/datashe...UPA2718GR.html

1-3 = 1.42v
                  4 = 1.37v
                  5-8 = 1.67v

Impedance infinity on all pins

Another A2718 is near the DC Jack

1-3 = 15.2v
                  4 = 15.2v
                  5-8 = 0v

Impedance is infinity on 1-4 and 23kOhm on 5-8

Comment

Fet is locked in "protected mode". Your 15v line has no short. So the problem is in the control circuitry or charger. Control circuitry is difficult to check with out schematic (even with schematic). Replace charger ic. Also check if fet is allright.
                    Last edited by atsio; 03-27-2014, 06:17 AM.

Comment

Thanks atsio.

Would this be consistent with the wrong power supply being used? I suspect it had 19v put through it as an external hdd that came with it had 19v put through it taking out the 12v line.

Comment

Originally posted by JCIT View Post
                        Thanks atsio.

I suspect it had 19v put through it as an external hdd that came with it had 19v put through it taking out the 12v line.
                        What kind of external HDD with 19V?

Comment

well having same machine here , pro s 5XX , well mine is diferent , got pilot led on , and also charging led , no prob , got 3.3 on o off button , and drop to 0 but still not turning on . the major shit here nothing have and ID for each component , i assume charger ic , regulator by typing models on google . but main thing 0 volts on bios . cheking coils for regulator 0 to all . i notice that there a Pchannel right after the dc in , that is not passing the 15 volts from source to drain getting 15 volts o the drive gate (should be 0 to make voltage/current to pass) alltough , cheking maxim 17434g 17000A 0 volts everywere and also i only got 0.5 volts at pin 28 of maxim 17428g . no 15 volts on mosfet for cpu or even for regulator mosfets. since i dont have schematic for this , i will be here playng like a dog (and i really dont want this . . not having 3.3 on bios is what makes machien not turning on , but for that i need 15 volts on regulators for i can have the 3.3 and 5 lines working. i was thinking in lifting up the gate led of that mosfet , or bether indeed , to avoid damaging something , i will remove this fet out , and will put on drain a wire solder connected to my lab supply and starting slowly from 9 volts and slowly cheking all circuit to see what happen . would be nice having a opinion on this.

Comment

ok i've done what i mentioned removed the fet to isolate both 15 v parts , the dc in charges a part . and i inserted the 15 v on the drain , now i got 15 volts on the cpu mosfet and the outher suposed mosfet for regulator inclusive . on the regulator i really just have the 19 volts , nothing else there , not even residual voltage. so this board is now resuming (a pain in the ass)
                            KBC is a dam bga , so not much that i can tell i have several TP but anything is identified here . i guess its one of does that we can do nothing about it.

Comment

Check usb ports for damage

Comment

Working...
                              X