Dell Studio 1558 fm9c schematic needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dell Studio 1558 fm9c schematic needed

Hi Im looking for schematic for this model. I have a unit that wont power on. Power button works fine and has 3.3v on it which goes to 0v when pressed however the set exhibits no sign of life. Im in the preocess of flashing the bios and would like the correct schematic to aid.

Many thanks

Re: Dell Studio 1558 fm9c schematic needed

it is the power ic. The MAXIM CHIP

Comment

Originally posted by Bisketti View Post
      Hi Im looking for schematic for this model. I have a unit that wont power on. Power button works fine and has 3.3v on it which goes to 0v when pressed however the set exhibits no sign of life. Im in the preocess of flashing the bios and would like the correct schematic to aid.

Many thanks
      you try to see here ....https://googledrive.com/host/0B2Two5...ljdjV2M2lnNk0/
      Last edited by fardhan_rajab56; 03-30-2014, 10:53 AM.

Comment

you try to remove the battery and plug the adapter
        if there is no sign of life
        hardware problem

Comment

Thanks for the input. I checked the 3.3v lines on the kbc and bios and all were fine and present. The powerbutton had 3.3v and also the kbc powerbutton pin had 3.3v both going to 0v when powerbutton was pressed. However the KBC was not releasing the #RSMRST or #s5_enable. So I suspected either faulty bios or KBC. I removed the rtc battery and removed static from the KBC and unit now powers up fine. Im just in the process of flashing the bios chip with newer version.

Comment

Originally posted by fardhan_rajab56 View Post
            Thanks but again this is not the corrct schematic on the google drive but thak you anyway.

Comment

This must be allright
              Attached Files

Comment

this also happened to me on a dell 1525. rsmrst and s5_enable won't give voltage after pressing the power button. All I did was programmed bios and unit came alive.

Comment

Originally posted by atsio View Post
                  This must be allright
                  Great thank you

Comment

thank you dear . i just downloaded it.

Comment

Thanks for your schematic

Comment

thank you

Comment

First of all many many thanks to the members of this forum. I have repaired some laptops and other circuits just by reading the information provided by this forum. This time i am unable to fix a laptop motherboard and i need help.
                          The Model number of laptop is : Dell 1558 studio PP39L
                          Motherboard: DAFM9CMB8C0 Rev: C PWB: A00

The problem with this motherboard is that it fails to power on. The LED attached to the power switch blinks for 1/2 second and then nothing happens.
                          Adapter is good with output +19.91 volts
                          Battery is fully charged :+11.8 volts all 5 led on when pressed power button on battery.

Charging
                          ------------
                          When connecting battery and charger the white led on charger socket turns on and the voltage on charging jbat1(page 53) connector is +12.59 volts.

I have also disassembled this laptop and tested further

ALW
                          -------
                          when I connect the power adapter +3.3v_alw and +5v_alw on PL9 and PL10(on page 46 of schematic 3.3V_ALW / 5V_ALW(TPS51427A)) respectively is present but when i remove the charger and connect only battery the +3.3v_alw and +5v_alw on PL9 and PL10 is absent. when connecting both alw is present.

Power Button
                          ----------------
                          Voltage on power switch is +2.79 volts when both the charger and battery are connected.
                          On battery only +4.28 volts
                          With Charger only +2.78 volts
                          I have also tested some p channel mosfets on the board but I believe they are OK.

Please help me locate the faulty component as I am unable to locate the error.

Thanks
                          Attached Files

Comment

Schematic of the board DAFM9CMB8C0
                            Attached Files

Comment

How can I test alw_on and +15v_alw.on AC adapter battery is charging does it confirm that the charger IC is working properly or does it require testing.
                              Please reply
                              Thanks
                              Bucephalus

Comment

I have tested 3VALW ON POWER LOGIC and here is the result
                                Attached Files

Comment

Somebody please tell me how to test ITE8502E chip

Comment

Originally posted by Bisketti View Post
                                    Thanks for the input. I checked the 3.3v lines on the kbc and bios and all were fine and present. The powerbutton had 3.3v and also the kbc powerbutton pin had 3.3v both going to 0v when powerbutton was pressed. However the KBC was not releasing the #RSMRST or #s5_enable. So I suspected either faulty bios or KBC. I removed the rtc battery and removed static from the KBC and unit now powers up fine. Im just in the process of flashing the bios chip with newer version.
                                    I don't understand removed static from the KBC. please help, power button have 2.8 volts and goes to zero when pressed.

Comment

my laptop only supply +3v_alw and +5v_alw when connected to adapter and remains off when connected to battery. Does it mean KBC is in s5 state and it is not going into s3 state when power button is pressed. There is 0.01v on cmos battery postive pin.

Q1) What is the meaning of this SIO_SLP_S5# and SIO_SLP_S3# in ITE8502.
                                      Q2) Is there any guide on flashing EC/PCH on this motherboard with required/ compatible bios programmer. this is my first time. so please pardon.

please reply
                                      Bucephalus

Comment

Originally posted by lezsimply View Post
                                        this also happened to me on a dell 1525. rsmrst and s5_enable won't give voltage after pressing the power button. All I did was programmed bios and unit came alive.
                                        There are two chips do I need to program both. I have the dump 1mb and 4mb for EC and pch. Bin files.

Comment

Working...
                                        X