Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: hey guys ,need HP Envy 14 schematic

techman like i mention
    computer turn on and gives image perfect !

The only problem is ,, if its to long without AC adapter on ,.,, it will not turn on on the moment , only after beeing with AC adapter on for smoe good minutes it will let the computer turn on .(for ex 10:45 inserted ac adapter and tryed to turn on , it didnt turn on , then 7 minutes later i tryed to turn on , and it turn on , ad from now on it alwas turn on

thats the only problem !

Im with a HALFMANN 120w adapter , more than enough for this . i dont have the original charger

model envy14 1040ep
    Last edited by highpulse; 10-01-2014, 04:13 AM.

Comment

ok my bad , not cheking carefully entire schemtic i found were the LED socket for the dc jack is .. CN1100 , let me carry on some test

also got the battery now

Comment

well when i insert the battery the LEd of the dc jack start flashing less than one second or pratically a second per flash . let me chek on hp site what happen when its charging

Comment

the dc jacmk light only turned orange after i turned the computer on ... or else it would stay blinking forever .. now i shuted the pc of and still with the orange led on the dc jack (like charging ) seems a bad charger board , what are your opinions about"?

Comment

techman , so what abou that bios ?

Comment

Hi if this don't work send me full model number and original bios back up and i will make sure you get a working sent .
              techman1025
              Attached Files

Comment

thk mate , i will now test again the board and then will put the bios to test it

Comment

12:01 inserted dc source led dont light up , 30 seconds after is started to light up and charging battery ! this before making flash on bios

Comment

Here
                    is the EC.BIN
                    TECHMAN1025
                    Attached Files

Comment

this 2 one to reflash ? ok , your first altough works too , let me try this one

Comment

Hi
                        The sec file i use from the board number...because you never gave me the full model number thats inportant because the board number it fully help a lot more work to find the correct update.
                        techman1025

Comment

i gave you full number
                          chek the previous posts
                          i will reinsert here

hp model envy14 1040ep

board info

model board -> 6050A2316601-MB_A03 ( this is the only code on the motherboard)
                          DYnamic KM-VO

HSTNN-180C Discrete

info on components

KBC IT8502E (NXA)
                          ECbios MX25L4005A
                          MAINbios MXL253205D
                          Last edited by highpulse; 10-03-2014, 11:24 AM.

Comment

Hi
                            the sec file is the correct one ....so whats the out come?
                            techman1025

Comment

well , worked nice , weird issue , because even after that bios update , it was still haging a bit before having LEd turned on . but saturday board started to work ok , when i insert dc jack the light would turn on in the 2 sec after like its usual .. weird issue .. im a bit afraid of this repair .. not trusting much on this .. later on when i arrive at home i will try it again before deliver it to my client .

cheers

Comment

well glad i didn't called my client to give prices for repair .. its doing the same shit !!!!!!!but now , its not turning the dcjack led at all .. i got 3.3 on bios 3 7 and 8 pin , got same on the on off button and drop to 0 when pressed .
                                im not sure about this models if it have the power safe energy system (making the 3.3 and 5 volts coils to turn on only when the S5 state is activated by the on off button .
                                but on the coils there is nothing , but got both ldos , 5 and 3 on the main regulator .. really don't get what is the problem , it was working fine .. i was on bloody windows yesterday , now tonight before installing the Wlan card that was out of the machine i inserted the dc jack and the led was not activating and machine was not turning on .. what a pain in the ass machine .. really frustrating repair ... HP's are killing me .

Comment

btw yesterday it was turning with adapter on ,or even just on battery mode .. both ways were working .!!! :\

Comment

cheking schematic , like i mentioned i got both vreg's , and also i checked the U36 i got the v5al on the gates , but nothing on the drain , but i checked that the gate are connected to a transistor , were the source is connected to ground , and the gate is connected to the ALWAYS_PW_EN , so not sure about if its a PNP because i don't remember the order of the arrow must chek on google , but its if a PNP it need this ALWAYS_PW_EN to activate gate to give a 0v value or negative to make the voltage pass for the drain of the U36 making the ENTRIP to activate making the 3.3 and 5 volts coils to start working . but since there is vreg5 it would let the led of the dc jack to activate ... just taughts , here making measurement to try understand were the fault is

Comment

ok noticed that this board dont have powersaver , when the dc jack led is on i got the coils u p with 3.3 and 5 . it all seems a problem with this AC detect thing . must be the bloody powerboard damaged. in this moment its working .. but is making the same thing , takes time for the dc led to turn on .

Comment

Well received here another one , with a different issue ,this one blink caps lock one time , (like usual DV problem , mentioning is cpu but then its IGP . ) but this one is a intel system with HM chipset and discrete graphics , i was going to try the HP_TOOLS pen with the current and previous folder with the .FD files on each one to try recovery before trying to open it , just in case to see if its a bios problem .
                                        anyone have ever had this kind of problems on does envy's machines ?
                                        any taughts are welcome-
                                        sincerely

Comment

btw this one is a ENVY 14-2020EP BEATS
                                          i can give my original EC and MAIN dump and give the .FD file from HP for someone can split me the bios , if someone could do it , would be nice .

Comment

Working...
                                          X