Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

.brd files: Who makes them, and why board viewer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

.brd files: Who makes them, and why board viewer?

Hi,

I am sorry if this is a really stupid question, but I cant let it go. I am talking about the .brd file format that opens with ''Board View'' viewer.exe.

Why is it that this is still in use? Also, I looked inside the file with notepad++. Is this saved in hex or something like that?

Also, why is it that kinCad and eagle both support .brd files, but they wont open these ones (All Ive looked at is the Macbook ones)?

I am really interested to know if there are any other software options for the brd macbook files.

Is this the normal way for laptop board views to be created?

This may be off topic but since its related to notebook repairs I thought this was the correct spot.

Re: .brd files: Who makes them, and why board viewer?

i have few board viewers so try another one

Comment

chek for highpulse user , you will see a post were i added a site were you will find many option for boardview softwares

Comment

Originally posted by xalu View Post
        Hi,

I am sorry if this is a really stupid question, but I cant let it go. I am talking about the .brd file format that opens with ''Board View'' viewer.exe.

Why is it that this is still in use? Also, I looked inside the file with notepad++. Is this saved in hex or something like that?

Also, why is it that kinCad and eagle both support .brd files, but they wont open these ones (All Ive looked at is the Macbook ones)?

I am really interested to know if there are any other software options for the brd macbook files.

Is this the normal way for laptop board views to be created?

This may be off topic but since its related to notebook repairs I thought this was the correct spot.

You can download it from here

http://laptopserviz.bg/enview/bvsoft/

Comment

yes indeed
          thats the site i mentioned

Comment

Awesome guys...but again who makes these? Is it from Apple for their techs?

Comment

Originally posted by xalu View Post
              Awesome guys...but again who makes these? Is it from Apple for their techs?
              Of course the manufacturer makes them. The designs are then submitted or distributed to PCB makers (mainly in China for mass scale production), employees and authorized service centers. And my guess that's where they are leaked from!

And from what I can tell, Cadence Design Systems software is widely used to design the mother boards in industry but each PCB maker/printer might require a different format.

And that's where these different viewing tools come handy!

Comment

who make brd files macbook?
                and what software their used for make it

Comment

Working...
                X