Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Numark NS6 Usb problem

Hello
    I have a problem with this board, it is the main board of the numark NS6 controller, the board has already undergone a repair, the two components highlighted in the photo have been replaced, the larger chip which is a CS5368-CQZ of the cirrus logic burned in continuation due to the breakdown of the smaller chip which is a voltage regulator (Ap1510) which instead of 5 volts supplied 12 volts and burned the CS5368-CQZ. Solved this problem I tried to connect it to the PC via USB but not by signs of life, so it is not detected by the computer, I state that the controller turns on regularly. I would be grateful if someone could help me, replacing the card costs more than 300 euros and it's not worth it. I enclose a photo of the card and the service manual of the controller. Thank you
    Attached Files

Re: Numark NS6 Usb problem

I see the "+5VA" rail also powers the Atmega162 that connects directly to the ISP1583 USB interface. What're the odds that's thoroughly toasted as well?
    Khron's Cave - Electronics - Audio - Teardowns - Mods - Repairs - Projects - Music - Rants - Shenanigans

Comment

Do you think both of them are burnt? What do you advise me to do?

Comment

I read that the atmega162 is a chip that needs programming, I suppose it contains the controller firmware, if I replace it, how will I reprogram it later?

Comment

Well, they're both supplied from the same source, and the codec chip got burnt, soooo....

And yes, the ATmega is a pretty widespread microntroller. Probably the easiest way might be with a USBasp adapter.
          Khron's Cave - Electronics - Audio - Teardowns - Mods - Repairs - Projects - Music - Rants - Shenanigans

Comment

so what do you recommend to replace both? or do I try to replace them one at a time?

Comment

Well, without the firmware for the ATmega, i'm not sure how far chip-swapping will get you.

Comment

yes I understand what you mean, in fact I would like to replace the usb chip first

Comment

Go right ahead, but it's more certain the ATmega is toast; the usb chip is just a "maybe".

Comment

I hoped it was the other way round, the thing about having to load the firmware unnerves me enough I don't think it's an easy operation, also because I don't know where to find the firmware, it is not downloadable from the numark website but it is updated via serato itch

Comment

Can you recommend a usb programmer for atmega169? the connector on the board has 6 pins

Comment

Well, since you asked...

Originally posted by Khron View Post
                        Well, they're both supplied from the same source, and the codec chip got burnt, soooo....

And yes, the ATmega is a pretty widespread microntroller. Probably the easiest way might be with a USBasp adapter.

Comment

ok but I would like a model that is right for me, there are many and I would not want to make a mistake in the purchase, I don't know if everyone can program the atmega169 and many have 8/10 pins and not 6 outgoing

Comment

The number of pins is less relevant than the signals they contain

https://www.google.com/search?client...=usbasp+pinout

Comment

I saw that there are also 10 to 6 pin gearboxes, but are all of them capable of programming atmega162?
                              Last edited by falcontech; 06-21-2020, 08:12 AM.

Comment

sorry but for me it's a new topic, I've never fumbled with these things

Comment

I read that the isp1583 usb controller works with 3.3 volts voltage while the atmega162 with 5 volts so it is more likely that the latter has jumped since the 5 volts got high on the card

Comment

Originally posted by falcontech View Post
                                    Can you recommend a usb programmer for atmega169? the connector on the board has 6 pins
                                    look on ebay for "USB-ASP"
                                    cost about €2 but you want the 6pin>10pin adapter with it - so probably €3-4

software to use with it is AVRdude

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
                                      look on ebay for "USB-ASP"
                                      cost about €2 but you want the 6pin>10pin adapter with it - so probably €3-4

software to use with it is AVRdude
                                      Thank you
                                      does anyone have the firmware of this machine? I can not find it anywhere, if I do not find the firmware it is useless to do the whole operation, I repeat the firmware of these controllers you can only get through you update with serato itch, if someone is in possession tell me thank you

Comment

if you had the programmer, you could try talking to the atmel to see if it's dead or not.

Comment

Working...
                                        X