Dell password for Hynix SC210

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dell password for Hynix SC210

I've had no success with a couple of Dell password generators, both originating from HPGL, Russia

Trying the right 11 characters of SC210's serial number, and also the code given by Dell's lock message

Also no success with BIOS_PW.ORG, using first 7 characters of Dell's lock message

FWIW, BIOS_PW generates same codes when I input same as for HPGL

Could someone please supply a password, or advise what I'm doing wrong above
    Attached Files
    better to keep quiet and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt

Re: Dell password for Hynix SC210

1l38lch8
    7l31hgft
    hCRBdj44et6NAibG
    s90b12lt
    ytwDIoKDLh87bXeG
    t3OOq2ZP7J9Y2Ii0
    rKbm2CtV52CcHSVB

try some of these ones must work.better start from bottom to top;

Comment

Originally posted by bachir2004 View Post
      1l38lch8
      7l31hgft
      hCRBdj44et6NAibG
      s90b12lt
      ytwDIoKDLh87bXeG
      t3OOq2ZP7J9Y2Ii0
      rKbm2CtV52CcHSVB

Pls help me generate some passwords for this code TNBRHCO4311-2A7B/TNBRHC04311-2A7B
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by pfrcom View Post
        Could someone please supply a password, or advise what I'm doing wrong above
        Have you tried entering the password using an external keyboard, US layout, USB 2.0 interface?
        Last edited by SMDFlea; 04-25-2022, 01:38 AM.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
        Become a Badcaps supporter
        >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
        Thanks to all supporters.
        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

Originally posted by bachir2004 View Post
          1l38lch8
          7l31hgft
          hCRBdj44et6NAibG
          s90b12lt
          ytwDIoKDLh87bXeG
          t3OOq2ZP7J9Y2Ii0
          rKbm2CtV52CcHSVB

Originally posted by hoaca388 View Post
          Have you tried entering the password using an external keyboard, US layout, USB 2.0 interface?
          @hoaca388 I've now tried it, after reading your suggestion

@bachir2004 Thank you for the effort
          Regretfully none of them work, trying both notebook keyboard and external keyboard
          better to keep quiet and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt

Comment

Originally posted by pfrcom View Post
            @hoaca388 I've now tried it, after reading your suggestion

@bachir2004 Thank you for the effort
            Regretfully none of them work, trying both notebook keyboard and external keyboard
            Mostly Ssd password accept when ssd lock same bios.If this Ssd lock same model then can unlock.
            If ssd lock other laptop and you want try dell other model
            i dont think its work.

Comment

Originally posted by imranromi View Post
              Mostly Ssd password accept when ssd lock same bios.If this Ssd lock same model then can unlock.
              If ssd lock other laptop and you want try dell other model
              i dont think its work.
              Do you have any idea on how to erase those drive? I heard that this device can erase password protected drive but not sure if it's worth to try.

StarTech USB 3.0 Hard Drive Eraser Dock for 2.5" & 3.5" SATA SSD HDD + 4Kn Drive - LCD/ RS232 - Secure Erase HDD Wiper Docking Station (SDOCK1EU3P2)

Comment

Thank you to everyone who participated

I am making progress

Now have generated a password using https://beta.bios-pw.org/ (thanks SMDFlea) which is accepted with Ctrl&Enter from notebook keyboard

But even though I see "Secure Erase in Progress", the Lock message returns when it reboots

Noting imramromi's advice, tomorrow I'll put the SSD back in its original E7250, try again, and report back

Comment

tomorrow I'll put the SSD back in its original E7250, try again, and report back[/QUOTE]

to unlock the ssd it must be in the original machine where the password has been created.

Comment

I did restore SC210 into original E7250

A bit disconcerting that suffix of lock message had changed from 2A7B to 1F66

Anyway I generated another password using https://beta.bios-pw.org/

This too was accepted with Ctrl&Enter from notebook keyboard, but unlike when SSD was in E6330, "Secure Erase in Progress" took two or three minutes

And when E7250 was rebooted, there was no error message and Dell BIOS Security showed Primary disk: No password set

Thanks again to everyone who participated

Comment

Working...
                    X