Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Razer blade crashes while updating bios and does not turn on

Hi i need help whit one think,
    While updating the BIOS, windows crashed, the pc does not turn on, only the keyboard turns on the light and the screen does nothing. I guess if I restore the bios it will work, I have bought a CH341a programmer, but the problem is I can't find the bios chip on the board.

The pc is a RZ09-03017GM2 (razer blade 15)

Where is the bios chip ? whit this programmer i can recover my pc ??
    I bought the pc 10 days ago, I'm desperate
    Even if you don't know where it is, does anyone know what the chip is like?

Thanks !!

Re: Razer blade crashes while updating bios and does not turn on

next to PCH right side 6 legs IC if you bought the PC 10 days ago you should have the guarantee , to flash bios you need a tool do you have the skills to do it ?

Comment

Originally posted by techtiger View Post
      next to PCH right side 6 legs IC if you bought the PC 10 days ago you should have the guarantee , to flash bios you need a tool do you have the skills to do it ?
      Thanks, I bought the used pc, not brand new, dont have guarantee...
      for that reason I need to fix it myself or the pc will be useless
      I need to know that there is any option, I have bought the CH341a programmer because I think it may be worth it, but I don't understand much about this
      If you could help me, I would really appreciate it

EDIT:a photo of what I think is the PCH

Attached Files
      Last edited by SMDFlea; 07-31-2022, 03:24 PM.

Comment

That is the bios chip,the one with the small bit of paint GD25B127. If your CH341A is the black pcb version it might need modifying. Check if its output is 5V ,if so then do the 3.3V mod - https://www.chucknemeth.com/usb-devi.../3v-ch341a-mod ,there are youtube videos too and lots of other info about the mod if you search.
        Did you get a sop8 clip with the programmer ? ,are you planning on using that or desoldering the chip ?.You can use a clip but your results may vary in getting a good read /write.
        All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
          That is the bios chip,the one with the small bit of paint GD25B127. If your CH341A is the black pcb version it might need modifying. Check if its output is 5V ,if so then do the 3.3V mod - https://www.chucknemeth.com/usb-devi.../3v-ch341a-mod ,there are youtube videos too and lots of other info about the mod if you search.
          Did you get a sop8 clip with the programmer ? ,are you planning on using that or desoldering the chip ?.You can use a clip but your results may vary in getting a good read /write.
          Thanks!! Yes my ch341a is black pcb exactly this model https://www.amazon.es/gp/aw/d/B07RKX...b_b_prod_image
          Yes the programmer have a sop8 clip, i prefer use a clip for this, because if will be necesary i desoldering it
          I need one more thing, what is the program i will need for reprogram bios??
          Thanks Thanks thanks!!! ! !
          Last edited by Patatas42; 03-19-2021, 01:40 PM.

Comment

The CH341A software doesn`t support the GD25B127 ,use NeoProgrammer or AsProgrammer instead,although they don`t support it either you can choose GD25Q128 manually to read/write, and Neo/ASP is more stable software .Its recommended that you make 2 backups,check them with a hex editor to make sure theyre both the same, if not then atach the charger to the laptop then try again.If you can`t get 2 good backups then desolder the chip. The latest bios version is attached. Good luck

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...04&postcount=7 NeoProgrammer

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...6&postcount=10 AsProgrammer
            Attached Files
            Last edited by SMDFlea; 03-19-2021, 01:48 PM.
            All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

incredible, really, very grateful, tomorrow the programmer comes to me by amazon and I start with it, carefully and doing my best !
              When I'm done I'll write the result here, sure that's good
              I will use the AsProgrammer
              Thanks!!

Comment

The CH341A software doesn`t support the GD25B127 ,use NeoProgrammer or AsProgrammer instead,although they don`t support it either you can choose GD25Q128 manually to read/write, and Neo/ASP is more stable software .Its recommended that you make 2 backups,check them with a hex editor to make sure theyre both the same, if not then atach the charger to the laptop then try again.If you can`t get 2 good backups then desolder the chip. The latest bios version is attached. Good luck

fixed up!!! This morning the programmer arrived, I made the mod, I verified the 3.3v, carefully I put the clamp, read the bios, made a copy, programmed the new bios and it is already working!
                Thank you very much for the help and advice, you are very great !!

Comment

Great job, i`m happy you fixed it

Comment

OP any tips? I have the exact same issue that you had. Also just to verify the .bin file can be used as is? No need to make it a ROM?

Comment

I have the same issue as OP however I have a MX25L6436F installed on my MB which is not in the programming software. Any idea which one i could use to manually write to the chip?

Comment

Originally posted by TheDonXR View Post
                        I have the same issue as OP however I have a MX25L6436F installed on my MB which is not in the programming software. Any idea which one i could use to manually write to the chip?
                        Well nevermind, I was looking at the wrong chip after all, I had the sa me chip as OP, used the CH341a with the voltage mod and the clip to the IC. Read twice successfully, wrote the 1.04 update to the chip and I'm typing my reply on the RAZER. Thanks for this thread it really helped me out!!

Comment

Originally posted by TheDonXR View Post
                          Well nevermind, I was looking at the wrong chip after all, I had the sa me chip as OP, used the CH341a with the voltage mod and the clip to the IC. Read twice successfully, wrote the 1.04 update to the chip and I'm typing my reply on the RAZER. Thanks for this thread it really helped me out!!
                          Did you see a BSOD error? A software problem with the flasher or the BIOS chip is faulty.
                          ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

Originally posted by RJARRRPCGP View Post
                            Did you see a BSOD error? A software problem with the flasher or the BIOS chip is faulty.
                            I got BSOD while the RAZER updater was halfway through the BIOS update so i couldn't boot into BIOS at all after the failed update. Used the CH341 and a clip to load the BIOS back to the chip (1.04 version for my model) then it booted and its running normally now.

Comment

Working...
                            X