X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Emmc reading philips rt809h

hi to all i have a PHILIPS 48PFS8109 mainboard number 715RLPCB0000000055

i have a new rt809h programmer and i want to read the emmc with isp
    i have the pin connection founded on internet see attachment i have soldered all but i have no connection i become the error Read timeout so i have tried with power supply attached to the mainboard and with out power supply i dont understand why i cant read or get any respons .

p.s
    The emmc work i have bootloop problem with the shell i can see that.

Can anyone help me please?
    Attached Files

Re: Emmc reading philips rt809h

Maybe you can attach high resolution pictures front and back of your main board, so we can see with what we are dealing with here.

Yeah, that's because you didn't prevent the main CPU from starting and reading from the EMMC at he same time as you want to read it with the RT809H, or you didn't hook up everything.
    No, you do not power the main board, if you want to read the EMMC with the RT809h. The RT809h will provide both voltages needed for the EMMC. You have to read the spec sheet of the EMMC first to see what voltages are needed. Some are 1.8V and 3.3, others run both at 3.3V. Your picture only shows one voltage rail, not both. Compare it to my pictures on how many wires I had to hook up. You need GND, VCC, VCCQ, CMD, D0 and CLK hooked up, other than that, no workie.

badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=74150[/url]
    Last edited by CapLeaker; 04-05-2019, 06:07 PM.

Comment

so thanks for your reply but vccq on the board is same as vcc because they works with 3.3volt

Comment

Hi
        dear technician, have you had a good end up with your tv, i have about three sets here with the same problem, when i try to rewrite the emmc with very good working dump it definitely stuck with no reaction no logo and no reaction to remote, what could be the problem with these sets?

Comment

how do you know it's a good working dump and how did you get it?

Comment

Hello Alschepmist, trying to reload the EMMC does not work for the bootloop, I've tried that. You can attach the RT809H via the EMMC connetion , see picture. You also need to place some jumpers and do not forget to attach 12V via the power connector.
            Attached Files

Comment

Any solutions to get this to work using a donor dump?

Or is it tied to the CPU?

Comment

You surely don’t want the cpu to turn on while dumping or flashing the EMMC. You also don’t need the power from the PSU, you take the power from the programmer. These EMMC’s aren’t that easy to do.

Comment

If you watch the tutorial videos from iFix (the makers of the RT809H), you'll see that they shortcut the crystals on the PCB before they perform ISP work.

I have used their method to successfully perform eMMC ISP, like on this Samsung UE40F6805SBXXE which had two crystals:
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	ISP.jpg
Views:	544
Size:	1.14 MB
ID:	2039690

The eMMC on that Samsung also had the same voltage on VCC and VCCQ, and I only needed to power it with VCC from the RT809H.
                  The system board was not connected to any other power source.

I remember that I had to use the Auto ISP button in the GUI, because trying the manual way resulted in no contact.
                  Last edited by Maalobs; 01-23-2024, 05:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Maalobs View Post
                    If you watch the tutorial videos from iFix (the makers of the RT809H), you'll see that they shortcut the crystals on the PCB before they perform ISP work.

I have used their method to successfully perform eMMC ISP, like on this Samsung UE40F6805SBXXE which had two crystals:

The eMMC on that Samsung also had the same voltage on VCC and VCCQ, and I only needed to power it with VCC from the RT809H.
                    The system board was not connected to any other power source.

I remember that I had to use the Auto ISP button in the GUI, because trying the manual way resulted in no contact.
                    This is correct. That is how I flashed EMMC's successfully too.

Comment

Many will have the dreaded black screen on this, Philips are renowned for implying CPU keys withing their nand / emmc. If they do not marry up, you will get a black screen.

you need to keep BOOT1 and BOOT2 from your original dump, you only need to flash USER

HOWEVER this all depends on the bootloader. Its hit and miss, i have had about 45% success rate out of these boards.

There is only one programmer I know of that can extract CPU keys from dumps and it isn't available unless you live in Russia.

If somebody knows another method, please share.

Comment

Hello, Does anyone please have the software saved from a mainboard with eMMC H26M31003GMR? Thank you.

Comment

Hello!

My problem is, that i can't connect with the RT809H to the eMMC. I have connected as seen on the photos of William1967, but i only get Timeout Errors.

Do I have to connect the board to the power supply of the TV? If so, how do I prevent it from accessing processor memory? I don't see any crytals on the board.

@stefanpecsi : I have found and downloaded dumps for H26M31003GMR.

Thanks for your help.

Comment

Hello. Have the same problem as ALSCHEPMIST. I connected the RT809H to the EMMC after the pictures but it always shows timeout and cannot be read. How can I interrupt the connection to the CPU?
                            greetings mario

Comment

did you short out the main crystal? no crystal working, the cpu wont work either, easy. or you take the emmc off.
                              Last edited by CapLeaker; 10-19-2020, 02:11 PM.

Comment

Hello. What do you mean by crystal? Where is he sitting on the board? Greetings mario

Comment

take a picture of your board and upload it here using the attachment function.

The crystal is a silver / metal can and has 2 legs. There is something stamped on it like 10.000 Mhz, 18.000 Mhz, etc. Look at post #9.

You can look also at my thread repairing a device. You can see the oval metal can right above the main IC in the first pic. The next pic on the back side shows the crystal shorted between the legs and running to a GND point. You can see the 24.000Mhz crystal really good on pic #3.

here: https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=74150

Comment

There are several crystals.
                                    All are 4 poles.

Comment

There are several crystals.
                                      All are 4 poles.
                                      Attached Files

Comment

Dell precision 3510 asking for administrator password
                                        #4s06rf2-bf97

protected

help me

Comment

Working...
                                        X