Samsung UE55KS8090 - Mainboard replacement failed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Samsung UE55KS8090 - Mainboard replacement failed

The only thing I can find is labeled "EXT-Link", but I think this is a serial connection.
    After some time googling, I am pretty sure that there is no analog video input at this TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Hauke View Post
      The only thing I can find is labeled "EXT-Link", but I think this is a serial connection.
      After some time googling, I am pretty sure that there is no analog video input at this TV.
      it had.. all TV sold in EU should have. and they deliver adapter with the set. this adapter could be used over all brands too

one things more.. you mentioned to flash your Original MB SIP.. explain from were you had the bin file.
      Last edited by Diah; 06-28-2019, 07:48 AM.

Comment

I really can´t find any component/av inputs. There is no yellow or blue connector on the mainboard. In the user manual is written: "Connecting via a component cable (only models with COMPONENT IN /AV IN)". It seems my one is one without those inputs.

I got the Firmware from russian website which links seem to be blocked here. dump/crt_tv/samsung_ue55ks8000l_shassi_main_board_bn41_02504a_jazz_m_usit/102-1-0-63971

Comment

Originally posted by Hauke View Post
          I really can´t find any component/av inputs. There is no yellow or blue connector on the mainboard. In the user manual is written: "Connecting via a component cable (only models with COMPONENT IN /AV IN)". It seems my one is one without those inputs.

I got the Firmware from russian website which links seem to be blocked here. dump/crt_tv/samsung_ue55ks8000l_shassi_main_board_bn41_02504a_jazz_m_usit/102-1-0-63971
          why you look on the main board and you have one connect unit !!!

dump the SPI flash from the cracked screen you bought and flash it to your original and try... and if you dumped your original before erase it and flash it with downloaded bin... also flash it again on your original and try... as we know now your original SPI working

Comment

Because the One Connect Box has just 4 HDMI, 2 USB, SAT and Optical Audio. This is my box: https://shock-store.de/multimedia/31...ox-bn91-17814c

Ok I will try out all variations.

Edit: I attached a photo of my one connect box pcb.
            It looks like there are 2 connectors "missing" which could be the ones for analog video.

Edit 2: Sorry for multiple editing. I checked another samsung UHD mainboard and these are really the analog I/Os. The connectors have the same footprint. I try to solder the connectors from the board to the one connect box. Maybe I am lucky and these are enabled. I also added some more pictures.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Hauke; 07-01-2019, 12:38 PM.

Comment

If they did not install the jacks on the board I suspect there will also be other componets not installed that connect the jacks to the circuit. Resistors, caps, diodes etc.

Comment

Originally posted by R_J View Post
                If they did not install the jacks on the board I suspect there will also be other componets not installed that connect the jacks to the circuit. Resistors, caps, diodes etc.
                Yes, I was too fast. I didn´t see that those passives were missing..

Is there an other way to get the output of my TV on a second TV? What happens if I connect two TVs with the one connect cable?

Comment

don't miss with other One connect box. just try the dump of SPI start with yours Original one then the cracked one

Comment

Hello Hauke,

In search of documentation for the repair of a KS8090 55inch that only showed colored Lines in The Middle Third with changing colors and Wirkung background-light and Wirkung Sound. I came across your thread. Unfortunately, there is no information if you have come further.

In my case i think it destroyed the mainboard. However, a used mainboard of identical construction and name only shows vertical lines on the entire surface of the TV, which change color as the content of the picture changes. I guess it is also due to the wrong "programming" of the mainboard because the original model and the panel size are different.

How I can access the memory is still unknown to me. However, I have some experience with Linux and Raspberry PIs. As a result, I am of the opinion that I can transfer suitable settings. However, I also lack sources for the appropriate memory content.

As a trainee at Deutsche Bahn as an industrial electrician, I also have access to the most common tools and equipment.

Have you got any further in solving the problem and can you possibly help me further?

Comment

Working...
                    X