18n50 or 24N50

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

18n50 or 24N50

I have a tv with an 18N50 that blew. I have access to a 24N50. Could I use the 24N50 instead? The characteristics look the same but just the 24 amp drain current and the rds is is a little lower.

Re: 18n50 or 24N50

Originally posted by dcapper View Post
    I have a tv with an 18N50 that blew. I have access to a 24N50. Could I use the 24N50 instead? The characteristics look the same but just the 24 amp drain current and the rds is is a little lower.
    Higher drain current is good, lower RDS is better. Higher input C is something to consider. If the replacement MOSFET's input capacitance is too high, and the driver circuit is weak, the MOSFET won't turn on completely. Not turning on completely means high RDS, which means high heat, which means . . .

That being said, it's HIGHLY unlikely that the difference between two like parts from the same series would be a problem, you could probably put two or more in parallel and still not have any problem.

Comment

Re: 18n50 or 24N50

Thanks. I thought of that but for what it's worth, I'll just order new ones from digikey. Then there will be no doubt.

Comment

Working...
      X