Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

10volt x 50uF +105°C Radial Capacitors

Good-Day;
    just a quick question. I am located in Canada and am having a hard time finding 10volt x 50uF +105°C Radial Capacitors; even online I have come up with nothing. I am looking for about 10 to 20 pieces. Any useful suggestions? Thank you.

All knowledge is good; it's how you use it that makes it bad.

Re: 10volt x 50uF +105°C Radial Capacitors

Look for 47uF. That's an industry standard value. 50uF is not.

Voltage needed? In what equipment is it being used?

Q

Comment

Agreed, 47 is the standard
      http://search.digikey.com/scripts/Dk...name=P11180-ND

That's a low esr, 105degree cap. What's the application?
      And where in Canada?
      36 Monitors, 3 TVs, 4 Laptops, 1 motherboard, 1 Printer, 1 iMac, 2 hard drive docks and one IP Phone repaired so far....

Comment

Thank you for the replies. The bulk of my use have been on LCD monitors, on the power supply boards. I have run across them on some other boards but do nothing to them. Generally all I have been doing is just swopping caps, value for value, I figure I can't go wrong that way. I thought I read somewhere sometime ago, that you can go higher on the voltage but not uF. Something like 16volt x 50uF? yes - no - maybe?
        (Ontario)

Comment

You can't just swap caps value for value. 20 years ago, yes. Not today because of the changes in technology and methods of powering the units. That applies directly to the section you are working on, the power supply.

You have to find the specifications for what cap is there, and then choose what to replace it with. Determining the original caps manufacturer, series, ESR, and ripple handling values is the first step.

Q

Comment

I am starting to under stand that now. Before coming across this site, I gathered information on fixes from YouTube, and other sites; most if not all pushed the importance of swopping caps, value for value. Local hobby stores and even Radio Shack was suggested as a good place to find good caps. When I find time, I have been reading and learning as much as I can from good sites like Bad Caps; I have learned a lot but still have a long way to go yet. I am now just starting to understand terms like ESR, Series, and the importance of using high-end caps like Rubycon, Panasonic or Samxon. In time and when funds allow I will invest in a good ESR meter and maybe a desoldering station. So please bear with me as I might ask dumb questions or make silly assumptions but I am trying. Thanks.

Comment

Not a problem. Everyone has to start somewhere. You've picked a great place!

If you supply the manufacturer, capacitance value, voltage, and series (which is -usually- 2 or 3 letters together near the temp rating) we can start helping you find the proper replacement.

As much info as possible regarding the item you are repairing, the make and model, and any pictures you can provide of the bad cap(s) and circuit board, is a good start.

Q

Comment

Working...
              X