Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Testing IPB9N03LAG Power Transistor

http://pdf1.alldatasheet.com/datashe...B09N03LAG.html

What would be the proper way to test this transistor.

What I have been doing thus far is checking the surface mounted transistor in circuit with a DMM set to diode check and am checking between pins 2 and 3 in accordance with the diagram.

I am thinking that part of my issue is that I am trying to check this while it is still in circuit. I seem to get odd readings... This is on a computer motherboard by the way I want to learn a solid easy way to test these preferably in circuit anyone figured out a way to test these things in a quick and effective manner there are a lot of them on board would be great to be able to quickly test this and other transistors like this without getting out the hot air station to take it off the main board don't get me wrong I love the hot air station but I could think of much more effective things that I need to use it on then for something like this if it could be tested in circuit maybe somehow test with an ESR or something anything.

Thank You all in advance.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by infringer; 10-15-2012, 09:08 PM.
    Please note: I am not responsible for any harm caused to you anything discussed is just discussion. Before you try anything discussed be sure that you have the appropriate knowledge and safety gear for the job. Like with anything education and safety are first! Do not try anything @ home without it.
Working...
X