18 pin sockets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

18 pin sockets?

Hi guys; i used 18 pin sockets with power supply Driver ic's Mcz30001 in my kv36hs500 13 months ago and lately it has been having intermittent start up with no code in the diagnose service test,a few days ago i took out and refitted one of the ics 8001 the HZ driver and it has been hanging without the doing the start up problem,

my question! are these sockets reliable for this circuit,and are their any better 18 pin sockets that i can use ? also the Tristate chip supplier suggests when changing the MCZ drivers also change 2 .01ohms resistors and 2 1200uf 250v caps, what is your advice on this ?thanks

Re: 18 pin sockets?

Originally posted by ivtec View Post
    Hi guys; i used 18 pin sockets with power supply Driver ic's Mcz30001 in my kv36hs500 13 months ago and lately it has been having intermittent start up with no code in the diagnose service test,a few days ago i took out and refitted one of the ics 8001 the HZ driver and it has been hanging without the doing the start up problem,

my question! are these sockets reliable for this circuit,and are their any better 18 pin sockets that i can use ? also the Tristate chip supplier suggests when changing the MCZ drivers also change 2 .01ohms resistors and 2 1200uf 250v caps, what is your advice on this ?thanks
    https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=MCZ3001D&tbm=isch

Comment

Is there anybody here that is willing to reply to my posts,i thought this was the best forum!

Comment

most sockets are quite tight so i doubt any issues will arise from using it.
        as for the rest not a clue sorry.
        My pc
        CPU : AMD PHENOM II x4 @ 3.5Ghz
        MB : ASUS M4A89TD PRO USB3
        RAM : Kingston ValueRAM 16gb DDR3
        PSU : Cooler Master 850W Silent Pro
        GPU : ATI Radeon HD 6850

Comment

Originally posted by joshnz View Post
          most sockets are quite tight so i doubt any issues will arise from using it.
          as for the rest not a clue sorry.
          Thanks joshnz.

Comment

If you are really worried, you could go with a socket with machined pins, which are gold plated. There is a hefty price tag though!
            Muh-soggy-knee

Comment

Working...
            X