*WARNING* Harbor Freight fuses...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*WARNING* Harbor Freight fuses...

Chinese fuses don't and cause electrical fires. I am shocked...shocked I tell you!

http://www.lawyersandsettlements.com...use-fires.html

Re: *WARNING* Harbor Freight fuses...

To be safe I only use name brand fuses from companies like Buss, or Littelfuse.

If you pay attention to the brands of caps when you recap why shouldn't you pay attention to your fuses?
    Elements of the past and the future combining to make something not quite as good as either.

Comment

Wickmann and Schurter are good, too, especially for 5x20 fuses.
      PeteS in CA

Power Supplies should be boring: No loud noises, no bright flashes, and no bad smells.
      To kill personal responsibility, initiative or success, punish it by taxing it. To encourage irresponsibility, improvidence, dependence and failure, reward it by subsidizing it.

Comment

I go with Wickmann too. Harbor Freight sell ultra cheap crap. That's it. If any of you have bought drill bits from them, you will know what I'm talking about.
        Q6700 @ 3.6 GHz
        Zippy GSM-6600P
        Curcial Ballistix PC6400 (4 x 1Gb) Micron D9GMH
        Abit IP35Pro
        ATi HD4870

Comment

its no surprise to me.
          much of the electrical stuff from china is dangerous junk anyway.
          some of those outlet strips are scary looking inside.
          hmmm no blow fuses with a lifetime warrenty.damage to them from car fires not covered.
          we call the place harbor fright.

Comment

http://money.cnn.com/2007/09/05/auto...call/index.htm
            Sold under the brand name Storehouse, the sets of blade-type and mini-blade-type fuses were sold as replacement parts and were not used as original equipment in any vehicles. The item numbers are 92939 for the mini-blade-type and 92940 for the blade-type.
            I bought 2 sets of each within the timeframe. That's a big $12 I'm going to get back. Woot!

I've got a blue Harbor Freight 15amp in my radio circuit right now. The good part is that because they are going to take them back regardless I can do some QC testing if I can find an amp box.

Part numbers and a clear product description is available in many articles.

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll...709060341/1148
            http://groups.google.com/group/alt.a...527bf86bbf1022
            sig files are for morons

Comment

Harbor Freight sells "disposable" tools.

They are OK for a onetime use. If you get to use them two times, you are doing good.

Sometimes they dispose of themselves before you finish the job!

I recently bought a regulator/moisture trap/oiler for my compressor. I was spraying some oak doors and trim with polyurathane. The regulator and oiler crapped out and started leaking after about a month. The moisture trap is still working.

You get what you pay for (if you're lucky).

Comment

I find this ironic that a safety device is being recalled because it's unsafe.
                All my blade fuses are buss. I have several packs in the junk drawer for when my inverter blows a fuse.
                Find Nedry!

Check the Vending machines!!

<----Computer says I need more beer.

Comment

I only use name brand fuses like Buss and only offered this as a heads-up.

I do have a rather large circle of ppl I come in contact with and they know me for being a grumpy old diesel mechanic. I will go as far as lift the hood or test drive a car and offer advice or recommend a repair garage or to buy or not. I do not do home repair of cars and such anymore.
                  With these non-fuses I await the day when someone tells me of a dash fire because it will happen.

In trucking the 1/4" round fuses could be replaced with snap-in circuit breakers. These worked a treat with intermittet shorts like on the heater blower or marker lights. I would throw one in when the load HAD to go, telling the driver to write it up at the next garage or upon returning to the main shop.

Comment

He he you mine as well use a paper clip if your fuse blows rather then use that paper clip in a plastic case from China .
                    Elements of the past and the future combining to make something not quite as good as either.

Comment

Working...
                    X