Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Tv is now the best for picture quality?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which Tv is now the best for picture quality?

A loaded question for sure. We all feel that we spent wisely. Well I hope we have!!!! I have a Kuro PDP-LX5090 screen, and Love the glowing image with incredible detail. With mains filtering it improves still.

So. What is out there at the moment that beats this screen in terms of blacks and crispness without artifacts and other rubbish on screen?

Cheers

Re: Which Tv is now the best for picture quality?

OLED although there are reports of some with banding issues.

Comment

Yes OLED or the latest Panasonic plasma ( VT/ ZT60 ).
      I only repair Panasonic plasma tv's! Currently owning a TX-P55VT50 and still searching for a ZT60!

Comment

I'll hijack the thread if I may. Just lookin' for a cheaper 37-40" Full-HD DVB-T2 TV for a fren's new flat (cause there is nothing with 3y warranty for reasonable price, and it is better to buy a new TV in 2 years if it dies than pay double for 1y extra).

I've noticed this TPQ or "total picture quality" value, what the heck is that?! Seems like it is quite popular around here, not that much in the rest of the world, and it's kinda like "the more stripe, the more Adidas". With no definition anywhere about what it is based on, how it's calculated. Seems that frequency, resolution and some other parameters may be taken in, but who knows…
        Less jewellery, more gold into electrotech industry! Half of the computer problems is caused by bad contacts

Exclusive caps, meters and more!
        Hardware Insights - power supply reviews and more!

Comment

If you can't determine what goes into it I would ignore it. Specs don't always tell the whole story anyhow.

Comment

Seems that its only a "better looking" name for interpolation frequency. There is only a few units with true 120Hz panel AND also 120Hz input on the whole market, everything else is this dynamic interpolation crap. That of course sets things clear, I can as well ignore that and only look for the cheapest Full HD model where there it nothing else to choose from.
            Less jewellery, more gold into electrotech industry! Half of the computer problems is caused by bad contacts

Exclusive caps, meters and more!
            Hardware Insights - power supply reviews and more!

Comment

Welcome to the forum . Yea who makes the best car/pu . I dont remember who made them , but I have scene some nice curved ones on display at sams club and costco . 98 more posts and you can get in to the v.i.p. room .

Comment

Working...
              X