Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bosten Power Sonata 5300 Rechargeable Batteries Review

Here are some battery test results

The first battery the settings were not set right the fifth picture is the correct results

I bought these batteries from a seller on EBay ( two sets of them ) this is only $2.80 each

!!! Disclaimer Notice !!!

I have the seller permission to post his listing for these batteries
    I am not promoting his web store

Only these batteries to me they are a good buy for what the amp hours these batteries still have left in capacity ( “5300 mill amp hour capacity so there is still about 90 % still left over 4800 mill amp hour )

!!! Disclosure Notice !!!

The last picture is the type of batteries that I was testing

Here is the listing for these batteries
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Lot-of-10-U...53.m2749.l2649

I going to build a cell phone / tablet battery pack for at lest 10 amp hour capacity or maybe a little bit bigger if the case can fit the batteries

You might have noticed that the file names say the same exact thing but it is the way the program opens the picture files but trust me these are 4 different batteries I could not post the files are to big to post
    Attached Files
    Last edited by sam_sam_sam; 11-24-2020, 07:19 PM.
    9 PC LCD Monitor
    6 LCD Flat Screen TV
    30 Desk Top Switching Power Supply
    10 Battery Charger Switching Power Supply for Power Tool
    6 18v Lithium Battery Power Boards for Tool Battery Packs
    1 XBox 360 Switching Power Supply and M Board
    25 Servo Drives 220/460 3 Phase
    6 De-soldering Station Switching Power Supply 1 Power Supply
    1 Dell Mother Board
    15 Computer Power Supply
    1 HP Printer Supply & Control Board * lighting finished it *

These two repairs where found with a ESR meter...> Temp at 50*F then at 90*F the ESR reading more than 10%

1 Over Head Crane Current Sensing Board ( VFD Failure Five Years Later )
    2 Hem Saw Computer Stack Board

All of these had CAPs POOF
    All of the mosfet that are taken out by bad caps

Re: Bosten Power Sonata 5300 Rechargeable Batteries Review

On a another note I also bought one of these battery power supply that use the same exact batteries I have done some testing on this battery pack

These battery fuel gauge does work correctly however you might have to push the ribbon cable connector housing together and reinstall the ribbon cable to get it work correctly

I modified the power supply connector so I could use it there are some tear down on YouTube about what is inside of these units

I have not completely figured what I going to do with this battery power pack yet but I have some 12 volt to 5 volts USB converters which I going to make a connector for

I have one word of caution about charging these battery supply packs if you decide to buy one you will have to limit the current ( the BMS board does work correctly but it does not control the current) it shuts off the charging current when the battery voltage at the power supply reaches 12.70 ( this was a bench power supply that I charge it with 5 amp maximum output ) I changed it at a 2 amp setting

One YouTuber did a test and if you over current the battery power supply it does shutdown
    Attached Files
    Last edited by sam_sam_sam; 11-24-2020, 07:43 PM.
    9 PC LCD Monitor
    6 LCD Flat Screen TV
    1 Dell Mother Board
    15 Computer Power Supply

These two repairs where found with a ESR meter...> Temp at 50*F then at 90*F the ESR reading more than 10%

Comment

Update

“ I going to build a cell phone / tablet battery pack for at lest 10 amp hour capacity or maybe a little bit bigger if the case can fit the batteries “

Well the case that I am using for this project ( I have a big problem this type of battery is not going to FIT the case properly ) so I have to use 18650 batteries for this project now

So I am in the process of testing a bunch of used surplus batteries I bought a while back
      So I have to test at least 10 batteries before I can put this battery pack together

I have done testing on these batteries before and the test results were very good

It is just time consuming each battery testing time is about 9 hours for each battery
      yes I do not have to watch paint dry but I do have to keep an eye on the process of the testing just to make sure that I do not have any issues

( I am using the “ cycle test feature that is available on this battery testing machine discharge / charge / discharge / charge the second discharge / charge curves is what I use to compare battery curves to each other batteries being tested )

So the rough estimate for the milliamperes of this battery pack is going to about 15000 each battery is about 3000 milliamperes or maybe a little bit more than that this is a 2 battery in series configuration ( I posted some information about this battery bank pack power supply before )
      Last edited by sam_sam_sam; 11-26-2020, 11:38 PM.
      9 PC LCD Monitor
      6 LCD Flat Screen TV
      1 Dell Mother Board
      15 Computer Power Supply

Comment

I just bought four more of these battery packs and going to modify a couple of them for high capacity output ( one of them to be modified ) so the output voltage is 8.4 volts not 12 volts take the BMS balancing protection board out and use it in another project the other one will be modified to 4.2 volts not 12 volts

I just got done the modification to Black-Web battery pack module that I wrote about in another post
        Black-Web battery pack with a twist
        Last edited by sam_sam_sam; 12-09-2020, 04:34 PM.
        9 PC LCD Monitor
        6 LCD Flat Screen TV
        1 Dell Mother Board
        15 Computer Power Supply

Comment

Working...
        X