Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can someone help me with this small circuit. Photo Attached

HI

Im new to component repair and still learning, so please go easy.

I have attached a photo of a very simple circuit that i need to change, but just had a couple of questions.

My first question is..... As you can see from the photo there is a bridge to the point marked EDGE 1. I need to remove this and instead bridge ARRAY.

The problem is i'm not sure what i should use to bridge and not sure what's being used already with Edge 1.

The second question and this is where things are not making sense to me is. It appears all of the points on the left side are joined together and on the right side they are also joint together. So if I bridge ARRAY to the right side all of the points are connected to the left side. So how does the circuit know which point I have bridged. Sorry if that sounds confusing but point ARRAY, EDGE 1 and EDGE 2 are all connected to each other as im getting continuity.

So based on this my theory is it doesn't really matter which one is bridged on the right to the left as all points are theoretically going to be connected to the left.

So im trying to understand how the board knows which one is bridged.

Thanks in advance.
    Attached Files

Re: Can someone help me with this small circuit. Photo Attached

Where does the board comes from?

What is the function of the board?

Comment

Originally posted by gersrt View Post
      HI

Im new to component repair and still learning, so please go easy.

I have attached a photo of a very simple circuit that i need to change, but just had a couple of questions.

My first question is..... As you can see from the photo there is a bridge to the point marked EDGE 1. I need to remove this and instead bridge ARRAY.

The problem is i'm not sure what i should use to bridge and not sure what's being used already with Edge 1.

The second question and this is where things are not making sense to me is. It appears all of the points on the left side are joined together and on the right side they are also joint together. So if I bridge ARRAY to the right side all of the points are connected to the left side. So how does the circuit know which point I have bridged. Sorry if that sounds confusing but point ARRAY, EDGE 1 and EDGE 2 are all connected to each other as im getting continuity.

So based on this my theory is it doesn't really matter which one is bridged on the right to the left as all points are theoretically going to be connected to the left.

So im trying to understand how the board knows which one is bridged.

Thanks in advance.
      It would make a difference depending on how this circuit is used if is detecting current then it might make a difference on how many tracks are used

I would have to see what kind-a of circuit this board but if you can tell what is this board used for I might be able help you with or someone else might have work with this type of product/circuit that uses this type of setup
      9 PC LCD Monitor
      6 LCD Flat Screen TV
      30 Desk Top Switching Power Supply
      10 Battery Charger Switching Power Supply for Power Tool
      6 18v Lithium Battery Power Boards for Tool Battery Packs
      1 XBox 360 Switching Power Supply and M Board
      25 Servo Drives 220/460 3 Phase
      6 De-soldering Station Switching Power Supply 1 Power Supply
      1 Dell Mother Board
      15 Computer Power Supply
      1 HP Printer Supply & Control Board * lighting finished it *

These two repairs where found with a ESR meter...> Temp at 50*F then at 90*F the ESR reading more than 10%

1 Over Head Crane Current Sensing Board ( VFD Failure Five Years Later )
      2 Hem Saw Computer Stack Board

All of these had CAPs POOF
      All of the mosfet that are taken out by bad caps

Comment

Hi many thanks for your reply.

It's a tcon board off a Sony TV.

I got a replacement board, but the only difference I've noticed is the new board has Edge 1 bridged (with something lol) and the old board has Array bridged.

So I need to bridge Array on the new board, but not sure what to use.... it would appear it must be some sort of sense as it tells the board if an array of leds are used for the lcd or if an edge strip.

The problem really is I need to know what I should bridge the connection with.

Thanks

Comment

remove the bridge thats on it then remove component from old board and put in place on new board

Comment

Lol.... yeah that would be the simple solution and of course if it was that easy for me I wouldnt be asking for help here.

I'm only a beginner and there is not a hope in hell I could manage something that small.

Comment

the bridge in the foto is not electrical, it's visual to indicate the configuration.

Comment

Working...
              X