• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lexmark E260DN Error

Hi having issue with this printer when i turn it on i get
    Primary Error : Service Error ALL lights are blinking
    Secondary Error : 91x: DC motor or transfer roll ✷ ✷
    Service tertiary error codes: 917: Transfer roll circuity

The Manual say to check the Continuity from the High Voltage Power Supply to the right side of the Transfer roll, which I've done and its good.

beside that it doesn't tell me what else to do. I've check the voltage on the power supply at its really low like .4V does this appear to be a power supply issue? I've checked the transfer roll an it appears to be good moving freely

The Power supply is a Delta edps-69ap

Re: Lexmark E260DN Error

Originally posted by Blunttag View Post
    Hi having issue with this printer when i turn it on i get
    Primary Error : Service Error ALL lights are blinking
    Secondary Error : 91x: DC motor or transfer roll ✷ ✷
    Service tertiary error codes: 917: Transfer roll circuity

The Manual say to check the Continuity from the High Voltage Power Supply to the right side of the Transfer roll, which I've done and its good.

beside that it doesn't tell me what else to do. I've check the voltage on the power supply at its really low like .4V does this appear to be a power supply issue? I've checked the transfer roll an it appears to be good moving freely

The Power supply is a Delta edps-69ap
    It seems the input voltage for this power supply is 100 to 127 VAC at 10 amps with {2} 24 volt DC at 25 amps outputs and {1} 5 Volt DC output at 3 amps and (!} 100 to 127 volt Ac output at 545 Watts. This is a switching power supply.

There can be a number a reason why the supply may not be working.
    Do you know when it failed and what was occurring when it failed?
    Have you tried removing and reinstalled the toner cartridge?
    Is the Ram chip easy to get to? If easy, then try to remove the chip and see if you get a different error. Then try reinstalling the ram chip and see what happens.
    Also, if you have a schematic of the power supply then it might be good for you to post it.
    Same goes with any controller board schematics.

Comment

don't know when it failed as it belongs to my sister, it is left plugged in and turn on, i did open and inspect the power supply and noticed cockroach droppings on the underside of the board but didn't spot any dead roaches or fried areas, there was sign of maybe overheating. i will try to get pictures when i dismantle it again.

so far have not been able to find a schematic for the power supply i will probable dismantle and take pictures and post in schematic request.

removed and reinstalled the toner multiple times, error message appears when the printer is turned on and its going through the start up sequence then when it gets to the roller its stop with that error.
      Last edited by Blunttag; 08-01-2022, 07:42 PM. Reason: adding more details

Comment

don't know when it failed as it belongs to my sister, it is left plugged in and turn on, i did open and inspect the power supply and noticed cockroach droppings on the underside of the board but didn't spot any dead roaches or fried areas, there was sign of maybe overheating. i will try to get pictures when i dismantle it again.

so far have not been able to find a schematic for the power supply i will probable dismantle and take pictures and post in schematic request.

removed and reinstalled the toner multiple times, error message appears when the printer is turned on and its going through the start up sequence then when it gets to the roller its stop with that error.
        So that tells you a lot. Being able to go through the start up sequence means that the control board must be working and getting voltage to it. If it fails at the roller then I guess I would first check the voltage that turns the roller. I would imagine this would be a AC voltage? The power supply should be delivering this voltage? There must be a motor that turns the roller? Is this motor good? Are there any fuses that are blown? There is a fuseable link that one disconnects when disassembling the printer. Is this link good? Also, be very careful when checking voltages as there also a very high current that goes with them. Remember a person can die with milli amps of current. Usually that is done across the person's heart going from one hand to the other hand. If skin resistance is lowered by water or sweat this is also a reason. So just be very careful with live voltage.
        Last edited by keeney123; 08-02-2022, 05:23 PM.

Comment

that the funny thing is i don't think there is a motor according to the schematic for the wiring diagram it goes straight from TAT201 to the transfer roll

i did get a reading on TAT201 and 0.4V
          Attached Files

Comment

If you look on page 66 of the service manual the 917 error could have to do with a servo motor. Servo can be either DC or AC. They will have a feedback loop that monitors speed, position and acceleration from what I remember. If any of these are unable to be correct by the circuit, they a fault will happen.
            Attached Files

Comment

that the funny thing is i don't think there is a motor according to the schematic for the wiring diagram it goes straight from TAT201 to the transfer roll

i did get a reading on TAT201 and 0.4V
              So, the gear shown on the other end of the transfer roll indicates it is being driven by a motor.

Comment

Here is an explanation of the transfer roller.

https://smallbusiness.chron.com/prin...oll-57465.html

Comment

If you look on page 72 of service manual it will give service checks. You can go through this and verify them. These checks will give you a very good understanding of what actually is wrong.
                  Last edited by keeney123; 08-02-2022, 06:02 PM.

Comment

ok so i did the controller board service check and when it got to checking the lvps/hvps pin 4 is the only one that failed with a voltage of .6V I also did a dead machine service check which is test on the LVPS/HVPS side and Pin 2 voltage was in the mV range and Pin 4 was .6V so i think we might of found the problem.

Also Please see enclosed Pictures of the Power Supply.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Blunttag; 08-02-2022, 11:05 PM. Reason: adding pictures

Comment

Also did a main motor service check and J17 pin 7-9 register 13-15V different to the 18V and 24V in the service manual

Comment

removed the controller board and what do i find cockroach dropping all on the back side.

so what you think? should i just trash this printer and not bother to try to repair?
                        Attached Files

Comment

Want to make sure your controller board looks the same as page 156 of the manual?

Comment

ok so i did the controller board service check and when it got to checking the lvps/hvps pin 4 is the only one that failed with a voltage of .6V I also did a dead machine service check which is test on the LVPS/HVPS side and Pin 2 voltage was in the mV range and Pin 4 was .6V so i think we might of found the problem.

Also Please see enclosed Pictures of the Power Supply.
                            Are you able to trace pin 2 and pin 4 back on the board to what they are connected to. You what to unplug machine first. Verify trace with ohm meter. For some reason your power supply is producing the 5 volts DC however it is not showing up at those pins.

I would stick with the controller service board check before thinking about the main motor. I believe this my work first. Kind of hard to troubleshoot a power supply without a schematic.
                            Last edited by keeney123; 08-05-2022, 04:00 AM.

Comment

Working...
                            X