Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Intel NUC D34010WYB - Missing component near SATA data connector

Hello guys!

I need help identifying a missing 3 leged SMD component near the SATA data connector on an Intel NUC D34010WYB board.

I tried turning the machine on and measuring the voltages on the three legs, and got the following:

I tried looking for similar components with similar arrangement somewhere on the board and found two similar looking components near the RAM slots:

They measure the following:

Can you please help me identify what the missing component might be? Could it be an other component labeled as MN1 (C2)? If so what is its purpose?

Thanks in advance!

Re: Intel NUC D34010WYB - Missing component near SATA data connector

Hi.

1) Found the SOT523 style part with 'MN1' markings. Please see attached.

Confirm the dimensions of the pads for this part. Best to use a micrometer to confirm the datasheet dimensions are correct for your logic board.

2) The '1AM' marked part is a very common MMBT3904LT1 transistor.

I don't think these are anything special and you should be able to cross it to many other vendors for compatible components.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by mon2; 12-18-2021, 07:28 AM.

Comment

Hey!
      Thank you for your help! I think you are right, and the missing component was probably a DMN66D0LT. I didnt have any of them on hand, but had some 2N7002A from a dead optiplex motherboard. I installed one of them on the NUC and now it works perfectly!

Thank you for taking the time and helping me!

Comment

I'm confused, how did that fried component automatically become an MN1 or 1AM?

Comment

Well it didnt. Most of the SOT523 packaged components on the board were labeled either MN1 or 1AM and only these two were in pair in the same "layout" (top pin up next to the other with top pin down) on the board next to the RAM slot. (Notice for example the two SMD components labeled K2N, in the same "layout", but both of them where K2N, where next to the missing it was a 1AM) So I took an educated guess that it was probably a "MN1", which turned out to be correct.

This was of course all neccessary because I couldnt find a schematic or boardview, so it all had to be guesswork.

Comment

Working...
          X