Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gainward Phantom GTX 980 - mosfets w/ integrated driver NCP5369

Hi!

Managed to get a Gainward Phantom GTX 980 in an auction for a bin with components.
    No video out so I started fault finding and found a blown fuse for 3 mosfets. Started checking for shorts and found what I think is a short through all of those 3 mosfets; 0.1 ohms between "VIN" input and "VSWH" output. All mosfets in this gpu are the same ones (NCP5369) with integrated drivers and when I tried measuring the other ones through these ports they were somewhere in the kilo-ohms range.

So, could I safely assume all of these 3 mosfets are blown and need to be replaced or have I missed something crucial? checked everything after the mosfets and can't detect any other shortages.

Is it common for a mosfet blow and take for example in my case two more with it or is it something with the Gpuchip that would break all these three mosfets and the card is inreperable?

Thank you for any answer, this is my first gpu fault finding and I hope im on the right track with it!

Attatched pictures of the Faulty components and datasheet for the mosfet, and here is the link for the PDF of the mosfets: https://cdn.badcaps-static.com/pdfs/...fa920848ad.pdf
    Attached Files

Re: Gainward Phantom GTX 980 - mosfets w/ integrated driver NCP5369

Probably only 1 of these is blown, but the VINs will be paralleled and the VSWHs also (through the coils)

You can either check the GH pins for shorts to identify the faulty one, remove the 3 coils, or inject 0.8v into the shorted 12v line and see which one gets hot
    Last edited by Bozog; 03-14-2022, 04:53 AM.

Comment

Ah thank you, thought it a bit odd that all three would blow like that. Will try removing the coils and see!

Comment

Found the faulty one! Thank you!

Comment

Working...
        X