PNY RTX 2080 TI , No Post with 100% Fan Spin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PNY RTX 2080 TI , No Post with 100% Fan Spin

I have a non working 2080 TI that I receive to try on repairing. It doesn't display anything and the fan goes to full speed. I have tried it as a secondary,, there is nothing on device manager on this card. I tried nvflash to see if it even detects the card to re-flash the BIOS in case it is corrupted BIOS. It doesn't appear to detect it either.

Could a corrupted or damage vbios flash chip keep the could from even being detected?

This to me appears to be either failed BIOS or GPU. I didn't find any shorts on the PCIE lanes.

I have tested all voltage rails, everything appears to be present (PEX, 1.8, VCORE, VRAM, 12V and 5V)

I took some resistance reading:

1.8 Volt Rail: 36.2 Ohms (Way too low from what I research)

PEX: 10 Ohms

3.3 Volts on the PCIE slot: 18KOhms

12 Volts at the PCIE slot: 6.1KOhms

5 Volt Rail: 70KOhms and 12 Volt Rails: 17.5KOhms, 6KOhms and 5.1 KOhms

Memory: 18 Ohms (SAMSUNG VRAM)

Re: PNY RTX 2080 TI , No Post with 100% Fan Spin

Do you have access to an oscilloscope to check activity on pin 1 of the bios chip (CS line which should pull low when the core is communicating with the chip to read the bios)

If not try this : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hWn...ctronicsRepair

Comment

Originally posted by mrsmith128 View Post

PEX: 10 Ohms
      Seems a bit low?

Comment

Originally posted by benwaterson View Post
        Do you have access to an oscilloscope to check activity on pin 1 of the bios chip (CS line which should pull low when the core is communicating with the chip to read the bios)

If not try this : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hWn...ctronicsRepair
        I do have a oscilloscope, I haven't tried that yet, the flash chip on this card is a is25wp080, pin 1 is marked as CE# which is chip enable, appears to be the same thing if i understand correctly.

Keeping CE# in a high state deselects the device and switches it into its low power
        state. Data will not be accepted when CE# is high

I will check that next. Thanks for you input on this issue.

Comment

Originally posted by benwaterson View Post
          Seems a bit low?
          The normal resistance for the PEX on a 2080ti is 5 to 10 Ohms when I looked it up, it is 1.8 volt rail that way too low.

Comment

I have the same problem with a reference 2080ti but i have a shorted PEX, what might cause it ?

Comment

How many ohms do you get Apraga?

My first hunch would be a dead core, but my first wish would be a shorted cap. Try injecting a low voltage (0.4 V for example) into the circuit while measuring where it goes (if any other rail is being powered from it). If it doesn't go anywhere else try to increase it (while keeping it under 1 V of course) and check what's heating up.

If you are lucky it might be a shorted capacitor somewhere on the card.

Comment

Working...
              X