Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MSI 5700xt not bootable after pad change

Hello guys,

Finally getting around to posting here after doing some reading and searching. I have a 5700xt that was running hot on the memory, so I decided to replace the pads. I plugged it back into a riser, and the x1 portion of the riser into the motherboard. I did not see at the time that it was in backwards (so A1 and B1 were reversed, gap facing the wrong way, yes i'm a goofball). PC unexpectedly turned on upon this new input. I quickly turned it off, and was unable to get the fans to even start after resolving that.

So, now that my idiocy is aside, I have taken to measuring various resistances of the card to try and find out what is wrong to at least learn and understand if it is fixable.

Attached are measurements of the pcie bus (12V rails, 3V rails), power inputs, and other areas of interest. I might even have some labeled wrong as I couldn't quite find things on the internet to confirm what I'm measuring.

I'm wondering if it is the bottom right R33 2027 which comes in a little low.

the fact that the fans don't turn on might indicate the issue is impacting the first thing the card does upon startup.

Thank you for all your suggestions and help.
    Attached Files

Re: MSI 5700xt not bootable after pad change

Unfortunately what you have described (reversing the x1 connector) is known for killing gpu dies.

The pins on the PCIE slot are the ones that end up internally shorting the gpu die itself.
    Attached Files

Comment

Working...
    X