RTX 3060 EVGA - Part Discover Help Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RTX 3060 EVGA - Part Discover Help Needed

Hello , I have this 3060 EVGA card that doesn`t work . Measured for shorts and resistance , seems ok . Powered it up but doesn`t work , GPU chip is cold . Though this part circled in red is getting very hot and pretty fast so I suspect this is the reason . Can somebody help me discover what this part is . Maybe a data sheet or a similar part ? Thanks
    Attached Files

Re: RTX 3060 EVGA - Part Discover Help Needed

I think its a voltage regulator, put its code in aliexpress, try

Comment

Originally posted by foshland View Post
      I think its a voltage regulator, put its code in aliexpress, try

it only write CKCWT on that little chip and I cannot find anything about it , or a similar product .

Comment

It looks like its the 5v rail buck regulator, but on the only schematic I can see its a MP1475DJ which has different markings, so possibly an equivalent chip from a different manufacturer.

Comment

Originally posted by Bozog View Post
          It looks like its the 5v rail buck regulator, but on the only schematic I can see its a MP1475DJ which has different markings, so possibly an equivalent chip from a different manufacturer.

do you have a boardview or schematics for this card ? I got no voltage on most rails unfortunately and I don`t know ehere to look .the only thing that I can notice is that that part is getting really hot and I presume that is the main factor

Comment

Yes 5V is usually the first rail to come up, so if you don't have that...I looked at this one from dicky96's discord server
            Attached Files

Comment

thanks

Comment

Surely tho, if there is no low resistance to ground on that 4r7 coil next to the hot chip, then the chip itself is faulty.

Comment

Surely tho, if there is no low resistance to ground on that 4r7 coil next to the hot chip, then the chip itself is faulty.
                  actually it is a very low resistance on the coil near the hot chip - like a short - maybe it is a short somewhere and I cannot trace it (been measuring fuses and all seem good though)

Comment

measured here
                    Attached Files

Comment

Well ideally you would inject something like 0.8v@3a on this coil and see what gets hot, but you'd need a lab type power supply for that. This could just be a shorted capacitor, which you maybe able to spot on close inspection.

Comment

Well ideally you would inject something like 0.8v@3a on this coil and see what gets hot, but you'd need a lab type power supply for that. This could just be a shorted capacitor, which you maybe able to spot on close inspection.

Luckily I have one

Comment

The same voltage regulator got hot around 3,5a on 0,9v

Comment

Now I need to find a part equivalent for that little buck regulator . Ali express shipping will take at least 4 weeks

Comment

Changed that little part but still nothing . I am blocked here with nowhere to go . This is what I got on multimeter
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by Goblin999; 02-12-2022, 09:57 AM.

Comment

Another fact that I have discovered . All the pair lanes from the front of the card pcie measured in diode mode gives me the result 0 . I fear that the GPU chip is gone . If anybody knows better please tell me if it`s wrong or right

Comment

Hi Goblin Can you fix your EVGA ?

i have exactly the same issue... i find that MP1475DJ doesnt get the Enable Voltaje, and the UP9516 #PART U14 "PEX SWITCHER" The same hasnt enable voltaje....

i have order the 2 ICS and will change it.... i will publish my result asap

Comment

Originally posted by eddgl View Post
                                    Hi Goblin Can you fix your EVGA ?

i have exactly the same issue... i find that MP1475DJ doesnt get the Enable Voltaje, and the UP9516 #PART U14 "PEX SWITCHER" The same hasnt enable voltaje....

i have order the 2 ICS and will change it.... i will publish my result asap
                                    I sent it to a friend in Slovenia who masters the GPU repair and he said that the GPU chip is bad , sadly...

Comment

Working...
                                    X