Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gigabyte Aorus RTX 3070 8gb - dual bios question

Hello Guys!

I have been given a Gigabyte Aorus RTX 3070 8gb, since it was not working so the owner gave it to me. He did not tell me any information about the card's history and foolishly I did not ask. When inspecting it I found that one component was missing (and another one potentially soldered on wrong). There was also flux around the area, so I suppose someone already messed with it.
    I looked it up and it seems, that this card has dual bios and these two components are switches for the second bios. Based on my research this second bios is used for OC-ing, which I would not want to do anyway.
    I would like to know, whether these componenst are required for the card to work, if I only want to use the main bios?
    I attached a .png of the damaged part and also attached a .pdf schematic of this exact card.
    I would welcome any help in this case, as you might already guessed I am a bit out of my comfort zone with this graphics card repair project.

Thank you for the help in advance!
    Attached Files

Re: Gigabyte Aorus RTX 3070 8gb - dual bios question

One of the dual bios is for regular use, and the other is for overclocking. In fact, only one of the two is needed to work normally.
    Last edited by SMDFlea; 04-03-2022, 12:28 AM.

Comment

Working...
    X