Gigabyte GA-6VTXE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gigabyte GA-6VTXE

More stuff from the pile of free parts. Most of the Choyos are bulging, the capacitors that aren't Choyo are G-Luxon.

Re: Gigabyte GA-6VTXE

Choyo and G-Luxon

Replace them all (including those that aren't bulging). They are some of the worst caps in history.
    I love putting bad caps and flat batteries in fire and watching them explode!!

No wonder it doesn't work! You installed the jumper wires backwards

Main PC: Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600, 240GB Intel 335 Series SSD, 750GB WD HDD, Sony Optiarc DVD RW, Palit nVidia GTX660 Ti, CoolerMaster N200 Case, Delta DPS-600MB 600W PSU, Hauppauge TV Tuner, Windows 7 Home Premium

Office PC: HP ProLiant ML150 G3, 2x Xeon E5335 2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 120GB Intel 530 SSD, 2x 250GB HDD, 2x 450GB 15K SAS HDD in RAID 1, 1x 2TB HDD, nVidia 8400GS, Delta DPS-650BB 650W PSU, Windows 7 Pro

Comment

Check the connections on those empty locations near the CPU. They're probably in parallel with the Vcore caps, so you can substitute a larger number of smaller sizes if you want. That also gives you more leeway on the ESR (since it gets divided by the total #).

Gigabyte had unfilled Vcore caps like that on many of their boards.

Comment

Originally posted by c_hegge
        Choyo and G-Luxon

Replace them all (including those that aren't bulging). They are some of the worst caps in history.
        Yeah, I was actually surprised to see that the G-Luxons hadn't failed. Hoping to recap some time in the future, won't be for a while because of schoolwork though.

Comment

Fair enough.
          I love putting bad caps and flat batteries in fire and watching them explode!!

No wonder it doesn't work! You installed the jumper wires backwards

Main PC: Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600, 240GB Intel 335 Series SSD, 750GB WD HDD, Sony Optiarc DVD RW, Palit nVidia GTX660 Ti, CoolerMaster N200 Case, Delta DPS-600MB 600W PSU, Hauppauge TV Tuner, Windows 7 Home Premium

Office PC: HP ProLiant ML150 G3, 2x Xeon E5335 2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 120GB Intel 530 SSD, 2x 250GB HDD, 2x 450GB 15K SAS HDD in RAID 1, 1x 2TB HDD, nVidia 8400GS, Delta DPS-650BB 650W PSU, Windows 7 Pro

Comment

Had this motherboard in a very old system, same issue as you, trashed it.

Comment

Hi guys! I've the same board but without capacitor. I want to repair it.
              Can anyone of you write a list of el.capacitors like:
              C15 - 1000uF 16v
              Thanks

Comment

Working...
              X