Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gigabyte 980TI Windforce - Blown PCIE Fuse

Hey,

I have a Gigabyte 980TI Windforce. No shorts on the main 8 pin PCIE power connectors. The 8 phase buck converter inductors are showing 2.5ohms.

The card doesn't power up at all - no lights, no fans, nothing. I noticed that all of the 8 phase inductors are showing 0V. I couldn't find a fuse for the 8pin power connectors.

I did notice that the PCIE x16 connector 12V line has a fuse F3 (10A marked on it) which is blown. It is reading 16ohms on one end.

1st Question: Is there some logic on the board that checks the 12V on the PCIE x16 bus connector before starting up the 8 phase buck?

2nd Question: Where does this 12V from the PCIE x16 connector usually go to? Which rail does it power? I couldn't see any inductors close to it. Obviously, I don't want to just bridge this fuse knowing there is a 16ohm short somewhere.

3rd Question: Is there really no fuse for the two 8 pin PCIE power connectors? I couldn't see one anywhere! I find it hard to believe.

Last edited by whc14765; 04-08-2022, 06:35 PM.

Re: Gigabyte 980TI Windforce - Blown PCIE Fuse

UPDATE:

Looks like that PCIE 12V x16 is supposed to go all the way to the other end of the board. I'm suspecting the driver/FET IC has shorted out and hence seeing the 16ohms. Maybe this is the 16 ohms for the memory or something?

Right next to the huge electrolytic caps . Going to need to shield those really well.

Comment

Working...
    X