Inno GTX 1060 6GB Compact - Missing Component

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inno GTX 1060 6GB Compact - Missing Component

I've got myself a non working GTX 1060 from Inno, super clean and tidy. All resistance and diode checks look good. Visual inspection noticed a missing component on the back of the card.

Picture attached shows the area. I think it is a 2 input logical AND gate. The output goes to enable pin on the mosfet driver of the memory. VCC is from the 3v3 on the PCIe slot.

Cannot locate a schematic or boardview.

Anyone got one of these that could check please?

Thanks
    Attached Files

Re: Inno GTX 1060 6GB Compact - Missing Component

Attached.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by mon2 View Post
      Attached.
      Thank you for the speedy reply.

I think these cards are 120W so it looks like an OR gate is required.

One more question, did I miss the schematic in the other thread?

Comment

For 1060s I use 1080s boardview and schematics, same boards, diferent GPU chip

Hope it helps

Comment

Installed a NC7S08P5X and the card posts, boots to Windows and loads drivers. However I get no display. I can remote desktop to the test PC and see GPU-Z is mostly missing information, memory type etc. Is this a BIOS issue?

Tried running MATS however the version I use is the autorun version and it does not run with this card as the primary. It loads then shutdown with no test run.

Comment

You probably need to disable the on-board gpu, rather then just set pcie to primary to get the startup mats test to run, of course you can also edit the startup script. I think you can also run a manual test using the on-board gpu as primary by running:

Code:
            ./mats -e 20 -n 1
            Also yes I would also check the bios is the correct version if you don't know the history of the card

Comment

Originally posted by Bozog View Post
              You probably need to disable the on-board gpu, rather then just set pcie to primary to get the startup mats test to run, of course you can also edit the startup script. I think you can also run a manual test using the on-board gpu as primary by running:

Code:
              ./mats -e 20 -n 1
              Also yes I would also check the bios is the correct version if you don't know the history of the card
              Thanks for the reply.

My system is an Ryzen CPU so I need to boot with a primary working card, my trusty GT1030. Both cards load the drivers on boot to Windows. If i boot from the 1060 alone and remote desktop in the 2 attached images are what I see from GPU-Z.

When I boot to MATS with the GT1030 are primary, both cards are seen if I lspci , however if i manually run MATS the 1060 errors with a message suggesting its memory cycle enable bit in PCI configuration space is turned off. MATS runs fine on the GT1030.

Not sure what that means, need to read up on what causes this.

Starting to suspect that there might be a mining BIOS on this. Which will be a problem as I'm not sure I can track down the correct BIOS for the card. It isn't on TechPowerUP.
              Attached Files

Comment

Isn't this the correct bios?

https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/216204/216204

Comment

It looks like it, cheers.

Problem is now that nvflash64 complains 'Adapter not accessible or supported EEPROM not found, skipping'

I cannot back up the vbios from GPU-Z or now nvflash64 from the command prompt.

Bad bios chip? Or crappy vbios on it?

EDIT: Doing this via remote desktop, might be that?
                  Last edited by manuforti1314; 02-11-2022, 12:42 PM. Reason: Additional info.

Comment

OK, dumped the vbios using my TL866II and wrote the new BIOS. No change, still exactly the same.

Comparing the original to the TechPowerUP the only difference is how the free space at the end of file. The main part is identical.

So the problem is not the vBIOS, unless the previous owner has been through the same steps as me an this BIOS is not the correct one. I'm back thinking it is a hardware issue now.

Comment

Hmm not sure, it certainly isn't the remote desktop - looking again gpuz isn't even reading a bios version.

I take it you have no means of programming the bios chip off the card?

Comment

Still no bios version in gpuz?

Seems like the bios chip isn't being read for whatever reason.
                        Last edited by Bozog; 02-11-2022, 02:13 PM.

Comment

Still no bios version in gpuz?
                          Nothing, exactly the same as earlier.

I'll need to start looking around for info on the BIOS problems cards can have. I'm sure Tech Cemetery and Learn Electronic Repairs have covered these type of issues in videos.

Comment

Decided to review my previous work and think I might have found the issue.

I installed an AND gate, I get no output with of this gate as only one input is present. The part of the schematic does mention an OR gate and I even said I think I need an OR gate. I bought and installed the wrong device.

OR gate ordered, hopefully here in a few days.

Comment

Originally posted by manuforti1314 View Post

OR gate ordered, hopefully here in a few days.
                              Part arrived and installed. The gate now works and switches on the memory driver. Sadly the card is exactly the same. No change.

Posts, loads windows and then drivers with no issues. No display and the GPU-Z is still the same as before, many parts of the info missing.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by manuforti1314 View Post
                                OK, dumped the vbios using my TL866II and wrote the new BIOS. No change, still exactly the same.

Comparing the original to the TechPowerUP the only difference is how the free space at the end of file. The main part is identical.

So the problem is not the vBIOS, unless the previous owner has been through the same steps as me an this BIOS is not the correct one. I'm back thinking it is a hardware issue now.
                                Did you wipe the chip and flash the bios? The upper 256kb contains the InfoRom data (and isn't touched when writing a bios using Nvflash) - at least this is how it is on a 1080ti

Comment

Originally posted by benwaterson View Post
                                  Did you wipe the chip and flash the bios? The upper 256kb contains the InfoRom data (and isn't touched when writing a bios using Nvflash) - at least this is how it is on a 1080ti
                                  I have the original vBIOS that was on the card, not sure if that is the correct or original version.

Did manage to get mats working. It gives an eye-watering amount of read errors, every module has them. I'm leaning towards this being a hardware issue now.
                                  Attached Files
                                  Last edited by manuforti1314; 06-02-2022, 01:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                  X