AMD Vega 64 Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AMD Vega 64 Help

anyone have any experience with Vega64 ?
    never worked on vega before so not sure whats normal for one of these,
    but there's definitely a short on 12v. never seen those kind of mosfets before

IRF6894 Data Sheet
    https://cdn.badcaps-static.com/pdfs/...0bcc9f4a20.pdf

IRF6811 Data Sheet
    https://cdn.badcaps-static.com/pdfs/...423879c590.pdf
    Attached Files

Re: AMD Vega 64 Help

found this on back of board, don't know what that component is but its right behind the coil with the short
    Attached Files

Comment

removed it short is still there
      Attached Files

Comment

i repaired that broken pad and found a dead high side mosfet removed it now 12v short is gone

i have to order some new ones from aliexpress only place i can find it but takes a month for me, would it be safe to power on the board with it removed?
        Attached Files
        Last edited by spiderspore; 04-27-2022, 05:49 AM.

Comment

i replaced the mosfet and powered on the card and the component on the back sparked and blew the jumper wire i put across it anyone know what the component is so i can order a new one

Comment

Originally posted by spiderspore View Post
            i replaced the mosfet and powered on the card and the component on the back sparked and blew the jumper wire i put across it anyone know what the component is so i can order a new one
            You put a jumper wire across it
            All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

no i put it across the pad that was damaged there is a pic a few posts back
              Last edited by spiderspore; 05-06-2022, 09:03 AM.

Comment

that component was a current sensing resistor

found another short turns out this has two 5v regulators found a short on the one on the back of the board, dont know if it was there already or it was caused when i powered it on traced it to one of the ir3859 drivers replaced it no short now i probed around couldn't find any more

when i powered it on the first time the resistance on the bottom 12v inductor was 654ohms its only around 200 ohms now seems too low? the top one is in the kohms

any ideas what would cause that? i dont want to power on yet

Comment

Working...
                X