X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

K7SEM missing caps...

Hi people,

I just bought a used ECS K7SEM MB.
    But there are some capacitors missing...

here is the list :
    TC8
    TC12
    TC15

and TC24 present but not sure if it is the original one...
    Actual value of TC24 : 1500uF, 16V, 85oC

all are electrolytics one but I need their respective specs.

Re: K7SEM missing caps...

Your mobo was improperly recapped. 85C parts are not low ESR. I will crack open my k7sem sys to check values later.
    The great capacitor showdown!

Comment

@Snowflake

Don't panic about missing caps, Its not uncommon for a motherboard to be missing caps via the revision process before the first official build of the board. Its a good idea to compare it with a similar revision board though just to be sure!

I thought I had a couple k7sem's around here but it turns out that they are all k7s5a's so thats my only halfway usefull two cents, Chris1992 will have more info hopefully!

Comment

I have a rev 1.0 here
        8 12 15 and 24 are 3300uf 6.3v 105C

Comment

Tanks for the info

But for your info Oldecrow...this MB was born with those Caps!!!
          Somebody have try to fix it before I bought it used.

Comment

I dug some more and found another K7SEM rev 1.0 with 2200uf 6.3v 105C caps in those places.

first board has the purple tall ost 3300's, and then next to cpu has 8 2200uf short green ost's. the 2nd has all 2200uf short green ost's.

Comment

my board revision is K7SEM REV:1.0 15-A01-010100

I have 8 green OST caps of 2200 uF, 6.3V. near cpu
              and 4 locations empty between the back connections and the row of black ic's(nec3296)

only 4 caps missing from a previous job maybe... TC8,TC12,TC15,TC24

As I have in stock some 3300uF with same WV I will try thoses.

Comment

heh.. beat me to it before I opened my sys! Anyway I do not actually have a K7SEm, but it's a PCChips M810LMR. I have Teapo near the CPU and Gluxon elsewhere..
                The great capacitor showdown!

Comment

M810LMR and ECS K7SEM is the same board. There are more versions, some without AGP, some with, some even with integrated Duron.
                  I have 3 these boards - M810LMR v1.6, all with failed (bulging and leaking) G-Luxon 2200uF caps. One had good mosfets, recapped it and works fine.
                  The other two had shorted and burnt some mosfets (2 dead on one, 3 dead on the other one). I've replaced the 2 with exact same type (GFB50N03 - from dead P6VXAT board), also one of the small SMD transistors was bad (marked 2F) - I was unable to find it on any of my dead boards so I took it from the last M810LMR. The board now works fine. The last one is now missing 3 mosfets (the PCB is damaged where one of them was) and 2 "2F" transistors.
                  One of them has bulged 1500uF G-Luxons too so I'll replace them on all 3 boards.

Comment

I have a cross reference list, the list can be downloaded here:

MD
                    Last edited by MD Willington; 09-27-2005, 10:49 AM.
                    Ya'll think us folk from the country's real funny-like, dontcha?

The opinions expressed above do not represent those of BADCAPS.NET or any of their affiliates.

Comment

FatalOE,could you look at your boards and tell me if you've got an SM device occupying C62 location? It's between the processor socket and the Elitegroup-marked amber heatsink. I'm trying to resurrect my K7SEM and seem to be missing this SM cap.

Comment

Mine is a Rev. 7.1A, numbered differently, and C167, which is the upper left in a cluster of three SMD passives between the CPU socket and the amber Northbridge heatsink is unpopulated. Everything alse in the vicinity is populated.

Comment

Working...
                        X