G-Luxon on GA-6VXC7-4X

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

G-Luxon on GA-6VXC7-4X

I found a computer on the street yesterday.... It has a Gigabyte GA-6VXC7-4X motherboard in it and also bundled with a PIII 800EB Coppermine CPU.
    It boots fine and loads Windows without a problem etc. But when I opened the case up to take a look, it had a bad cap next to the IDE connector. The cap is a G-Luxon 330uf 25V. The rest of the board has Sanyo caps and they are OK, there are other G-Luxon used in between PCI sots and thats about it.
    So I looked through my cap stash yesterday and I found a Hitano 470uf 25V cap in there that fits the position as well, because the diameter is also 10mm. Anyway, can I use this 470uf cap to replace the bulging 330uf cap?? I noticed that from 330uf to 470uf, there's over a 20% difference so I'm not sure about this move.

Thanks.
    Don't find love, let love find you. That's why its called falling in love, because you don't force yourself to fall, you just fall. - Anonymous

Re: G-Luxon on GA-6VXC7-4X

Never mind.... I went out and bought some Samxon GF(M) series, 470uf 25V caps because they were ultra low ESR and it seems to have done the job.

Thanks.
    Don't find love, let love find you. That's why its called falling in love, because you don't force yourself to fall, you just fall. - Anonymous

Comment

Re: G-Luxon on GA-6VXC7-4X

Most, if not all, of the 330/25 caps on Gigabyte mobos don't have a voltage greater than 5v across them - they can be replaced by 6.3v caps. If you want to be really safe, you can use 16v caps. The capacitance doesn't really matter - I've used 1000/10 without any problems.

Comment

Working...
      X