Intel D915GLVG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Intel D915GLVG

I have this mobo with pentium 4 3 ghz EM64T capable processor and a 512 MB Kingston Value RAM,there are no visible signs of bad capacitors but the board is quite unstable,restarts too often.Sometimes it wont boot it would start but boot after 40 to 50 seconds and some time it would boot stay stable for 2 to 4 hours and then restart and sometimes it would restart itself even inside bios so far i have only changed the PSU with no luck.

Re: Intel D915GLVG

What brand is the replacement PSU? replacing crap with crap only makes things worse. I have a similar board, the Intel DP965LTCK and it had the same issues because the 12V line was a tad too weak original PSU was a Lite on/ Dell one. Replacing the PSU with a Lite on/ Acer one solved the problem. The original lite on had bad OST caps IMO.

Thanks.
    Don't find love, let love find you. That's why its called falling in love, because you don't force yourself to fall, you just fall. - Anonymous

Comment

The replacement PSU is a generic 350W supply,i aint running a power house ,just a simple setup with no extra addon card and using built-in audio and video

Comment

Originally posted by keyboardcowboy
        The replacement PSU is a generic 350W supply,i aint running a power house
        That might be the problem just there. It doesn't matter what set up you have, never ever use a generic PSU to power any PC.... in this case you are powering a P4 which sucks power like no tomorrow....

Cheapo PSUs have crappy electrical designs, power fluctuations and a lot of ripple current. I would recommend you get something decent like an Antec, Thermaltake or FSP PSU.... i think that should solve your problem.

Also check that the RAM is still good using memtest and check if you've put the cpu heatsink on properly.... thermal cutoffs also have similar effects.

Thanks.
        Don't find love, let love find you. That's why its called falling in love, because you don't force yourself to fall, you just fall. - Anonymous

Comment

Working...
        X