Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asus p5g41t-m lx motherboard no post

Hello guys,

i have a problem with this motherboard. Model name is p5g41t-m lx.

Post card says "00". CPU fan is spinning. Vcore is present. Voltages from
    atx connector too.

There were 2 cpu pins bent and i managed to fix them. I replaced a capacitor that was in bad shape with another with same specs in the lower half of the motherboard.

I tried flashing bios chip too, but my eeprom programmer (ezp2019+) can't erase the chip, then i can't go any further.

This motherboard came from a full box of other non working motherboards that i bought to learn board repair. I hope you can help me at least figuring out how to proceed in this repair attempt. Thanks.

Sorry for my english.

Re: Asus p5g41t-m lx motherboard no post

Do you get any beeps if you pull out all of the RAM? Do the Northbridge and Southbridge heatsinks get warm after it's been running for a while? What CPU are you using? Maybe the CPU isn't supported by the current BIOS.

I've had this issue too with a 775 board that had bent pins. I had to get a magnifying glass to see that what my bare eyes thought were bent back in place, was actually still off. Just throwing that out there.

Are you using onboard VGA or a video card? I've had an odd issue on a 41 chipset board before where I wasn't getting video through onboard but got video through a video card (even after resetting the BIOS, oddly enough).

Comment

Well, you have to check the voltages generated by the mb to see that all of them are present. If yes then try to flash the bios chip somehow.
      Here is the boardview file.
      Attached Files

Comment

you could try a new bios chip flashed with your firmware of choice, and swap it out with the old one.
        i have seen this error a few times associated with the cmos bettery holding corrupted data, have you had the battery out for a while and back in to see if that works.

Comment

Working...
        X